Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 11:06:28 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with pygmy goats as pets?  Good or bad idea?  How big do they get when they are full grown??  Can they be trained like a dog??

Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
wtf?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy one and you will never need a lawn mower ever again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
my wife loves them

if i ever live somewhere i can have one i'm going to get one

they are like little lawnmowers (and fertilizers)
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Goats aren't pets.  They're BBQ on the hoof.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Are those the funny ones that faint when startled?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought a male and female last August. I'm not trying to raise them as "pets" but more like "farm" animals.
They are already full grown and are about 40 to 45 lbs.
Very low maintance but do require some sort of shelter and water source.
I basically use them to keep my fence line cleared as they eat about 90% of whatever is growing on it. We also give them a couple of cups of a pellet feed called "all stock", about $10.00 for 50 lbs.
The female is pretty mellow but won't walk on a leash like a dog so I end up carrying her to whatever area of the fence I want them to eat. The male will usually follow her and as long as she is tied off, he dosen't run off.
One other thing about the male, he is a horny mofo and isn't shy about some self-inflicted bukake.
Other than that, the only other probelm was trying to explain to my 10 y.o. daughter why his nards drag the ground.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Other than that, the only other probelm was trying to explain to my 10 y.o. daughter why his nards drag the ground.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with pygmy goats as pets?  Good or bad idea?  How big do they get when they are full grown??  Can they be trained like a dog??

Thanks  

yes. but i recommend pygmy rhinos. can be trained as attack animals.

think a homey will run from your pitbull? wait till he sees you roll up with a pygmy rhino on a chain.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
goats are very high on the list of "nasty animals"

Can't imagine anyone keeping one as a pet.

Goats make pigs look like OCD hygienists by comparison.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Goats aren't pets.  They're BBQ on the hoof.

Also a good property tax dodge.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine had one and he was kickass. Imagine a jack russel that's tougher than shit and likes to buck into your leg. He also loved to have basketballs bounced off of his head. I can't imagine house breaking one because they're filthy. The will shit everywhere and tear up your yard.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
We had a buck for a while. He tried to fuck everything on the property, including my dog.

You could smell him a mile away, he liked to piss on himself and butt you in the ass when you weren't looking .

Otherwise they were great pets.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top