BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 7:04:09 AM EDT
how your paycheck could be affected by the end to the Bush Tax Cuts

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/tax-cut-paycheck-impact/
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure there's plenty of people who deserve my hard earned money more than me.   I'd hate for them to have to wake up before noon and find a job.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Its your patriotic duty according to Joey Biden
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its your patriotic duty according to Joey Biden

hurry up god damnit!

I am on Unemployment and could use a cost of living raise.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Can someone copypasta the money shot.

Droid doesn't have an Adobe Flashplayer app yet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Sooner or later, there will have to be a reconciliation.

Either spending is cut, or folks will quit working to support parasites.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Since when? Android 2.2
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I swear, it is getting harder and harder to justify going to work.

"Work is for Suckahs!"  Sadly, that joke is no longer funny.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#9]
great, 220 bucks every two fucking weeks taken out in addition to what is already being robbed from me. Fuck all them cock suckers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when? Android 2.2

I'm old skool. Running 2.1.

ETA: ANdroid. Not Droid. My bad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
great, 220 bucks every two fucking weeks taken out in addition to what is already being robbed from me. Fuck all them cock suckers.

You do realize that most 'working' Americans cannot set aside 500.00 a month for an emergency under their current spending/earning levels.  

Most people don't have an 'extra' 440.00 per month to hand over to the government.

This is going to be a huge straw on the backs of 90% of the working families in the country.  Which means no more pizza for dinner, no more movie nights on the town, reductions in spending on shoes, electronics, and a long list of discretionary stuff like ... their mortgage, car payments, cell phones.

Shit will get real in the economy when you remove that money.

I saw on my tax return the section called "Making Work Pay".  It struck me as funny, since that is a sentence fragment, it should have been, "Making work pay the government."

TRG
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_fLivvlC4b6A/TMmhYPheHyI/AAAAAAAABKw/l6g0wyoyBlA/s800/tax_cuts.JPG

Well, the good news is I only make 40K

The bad news is I'm struggling as it is and that 2 large will be felt.  I haven't gotten a raise in 3 years and this year our shitty ass health insurance is going up so much I'm not counting on this year either.  Gee, again who's fucking fault is that.  I also almost forgot that next year, said shitty ass insurance will be counted as income.  Well FUCKIN A, guess I am getting a big raise after all.

Fuck the government.  I'm sick and fucking tired of people in this country being A-O fucking kay with 1/3 of your paycheck disapearing.  Then, I turn on the news and hear about how the gov wasted a million dollars here and a couple million FUCKING DOLLARS over there and we gave Africa 1.5 billion etc.

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#16]
This site sucks.  Your gross pay has nothing to do with your AGI.  Also, there's a lot that happens in the $40-80k range.

Here's a site to give you more realistic numbers: http://www.mytaxburden.org/

ETA: I'm getting hit for $150 more per month.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Bunch of heartless, selfish bastards here.  Just think about all those poor underprivileged people out there struggling to survive, like Sharon Jasper.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#21]
My neighbor, who is 5 years older than me, and in the 400lb range is now on government disability.  His son receives SS benefits as well.

His wife does not work.  

They just got Direct TV and are considering building a house.

I work full time and try to keep ahead of the curve on bills and taxes.

FML.

I need to find a way to get fat and disabled.

I should mention that I like this neighbor.  Seriously.  He's a mountain of a man and would do anything he could to help me if I asked.

But, while 'disabled', rides a 4 wheeler, hunts more than me, and even hunts my property (with my permission) for deer using both a rifle and a bow.  He cannot 'work' because he has a bad back, bad neck, bad knees, etc.  He can't do physical labor.  Therefore he is 'disabled'.

Odd, you know?  My job requires no physical labor, but since I went to college, got a degree and pursued a teaching career, a 'bad back and bad knees' means nothing to my ability to earn tax revenue.

He stays home for the next 25 years with 2k per month coming in from the government.  He hunts, fishes, drinks beer and lives life.  I trudge to work and pay for it.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

paying TAXES.
TXL

Tax Revolt
The step right before voting from the rooftops.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#23]
This has made my day.

I actually had thought I wasn't going to get hit quite so hard.

I live very tightly. This is going to hurt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I've just about reached the point where I say "fuck it" and quit paying taxes.    I'm sick and tired of paying out the ass for all the leaches, other people's kids, tons of failed government programs, crooked subsidies, bloated bureaucracy with do nothing .gov employees collecting checks and benefits, other countries problems (including those hostile to the US), etc.

ETA I seriously wonder what would happen if we all just said screw it, we're not going to pay taxes anymore until they straighten this mess out?  Start by eliminating most of the foreign aid- it's stupid trying to keep other countries afloat while we sink further.  Cut almost all welfare- again, sink or swim.  Eliminate half the .gov jobs; clear up the bureaucracy, clean out the poor performers who keep their job solely by way of the EEOC and stop preferential treatment for those government jobs that remain.  Legislators get paid a small salary and the same .gov benefits as other .gov employees while they serve the public and benefits for life is just retarded.  Phase Social Security out.  REDUCE BUSINESS TAXES- we need to encourage business, not discourage it.  Term limits.  Discharge those politicians who are found to be in violation of the public trust.  Bring in the ability to vote "No confidence" and oust those who aren't doing their jobs or are breaking their campaign promises.  Tons more ideas, but my blood pressure is high enough.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#25]
WTF??? Since when did you pay MORE by being married with children?????

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't even know what to say other than just when I thought I had it so my wife and I could save a little and try to pay down our house we get kicked again.  I just took a 5% pay cut(I know better than 100%) but it SUCKS that we just can't win lately

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I went to college, got a degree ....................

TRG

That was your first mistake.

Now, get back to work.  Sharon needs a new HD TV.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

paying TAXES.
TXL

Tax Revolt

This!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm sure there's plenty of people who deserve my hard earned money more than me.   I'd hate for them to have to wake up before noon and find a job.

My wifes friend. Pisses me off to sit around and listen to them bitch about not having any money for groceries and then watch them go to the fridge to go grab another beer. Worthless.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
And, FYI, the EPA is about to put emissions restrictions on tractor-trailers.  Now imagine how much food and other goods will go up when the price of a new truck is up 150%.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#32]
My wife and kids don't really need to eat.  Fat lazy welfare parasites do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

My wife and kids don't really need to eat.  Fat lazy welfare parasites do.

...and those fat lazy welfare parasites do eat very well, and often.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This site sucks.  Your gross pay has nothing to do with your AGI.  Also, there's a lot that happens in the $40-80k range.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

Maybe you can help me out with the $10k it says I'm going to owe.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

According to that site, I'll be hit with an additional $260/month in income taxes with an Obama Tax Increase.

And I'm not making $250,000/year - not even half that.

Thank You Obama!

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
See, we thought Bush's tax cut was some kind of break - it was because taxes at that time were ridiculous, and stopping anyone from wanting to succeed.  Here we go, back to drowning ourselves to feed the entitlement pigs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#37]
And this on top of the 27% increase in my healthcare costs????

Fuck that

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Excellent synopsys of the changes for next year if Congress fails to act.
Biggest Tax Hikes Just Ahead?
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

paying TAXES.
TXL

Tax Revolt

This!!!!

Automatic deductions are hard to revolt against when they are taken out by your employer.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Well damn, I was wondering what I was going to do with that extra couple hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Thank you Government for helping me in my decision!

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

paying TAXES.
TXL

Tax Revolt

This!!!!

Automatic deductions are hard to revolt against when they are taken out by your employer.

TRG

I'm seriously thinking of just jacking up my deductions to 9 or whatever the max is and paying in one big chunk come April.  At least I could use the interest then for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top