Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 6:56:15 AM EDT
SALT LAKE CITY –– The state of Utah is offering to pay employers who hire people from one of two groups –– the young and the unemployed. The Department of Workforce Services is targeting both groups by offering employers a $2,000 bonus if they hire someone in those categories.
...The DWS hopes that getting people on unemployment insurance back to work will reduce insurance payouts and help reduce premiums...

do not sue me link

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
New York has a program where they are paying a portion of wages for people whose hours are cut.

I think it expired fairly recently though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
How in the holy fuck is that not discrimination?  So if i am 30 and apply for a job and the pick a 25 yr old to hire for the bonus, i am just out of luck?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How in the holy fuck is that not discrimination?  So if i am 30 and apply for a job and the pick a 25 yr old to hire for the bonus, i am just out of luck?

Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, eh?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Are you on unemployment?

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you on unemployment?

Not yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top