Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the repair, DF
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those silly blokes will go to any and all lengths to conceal and deny the fact that gun bans don't work.
Y'all realize that 1984 was set in England?  Orwell had the right idea.  When the red light on your TV comes on, don't do anything out of the ordinary.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
[i]However, the computer is not [b][red]yet[/red][/b] set to replace the human being altogether.
"The idea is that the computer detects a potential event and shows it to the operator, who then decides what to do – so [b][red]we are still a long way off[/red][/b] from machines replacing humans," Dr Velastin says.[/i]

Unstated inference: But machines WILL eventually replace humans.

And Soylent Green will replace food.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#6]
[sarcasm]That would work perfectly. I mean, if we all relied on machines to do everything, the world would run very smoothly. There is no way this software could be wrong, or lead to unrighteous arrests. No, not in my wildest dreams could a computer be wrong![/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, that little MS Office Assistant (talking paper clip/dog/whatever) would come in handy:

"It looks like he's trying to mug(or rape,shoot,knife,bludgeon,carry a concealed weapon,purchase a banned airgun,read a U.S. Army technical manual - would you like some help?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top