Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:25:06 AM EDT
Let me start of with.. as a kid that got out of school in 87. I saw all the first airings of the show, and was a big fan of it..
now that im much older and watching them again, thanks to netflix. Im now thinking to my self WTF?!?
They could of done soooooo much more with that show than what they did..  It was a top secret Heli, but every one and his brother knew about it..
Let me run you through any episode of the show..
Oh noes some villian has a weapon/bomb/advanced aircraft/missing child/lost dog or cat.
to the airwolf cave!
Oh noes Airwolf is breaking down! (I really think it was built by landrover with Lucas doing the electronics).
now we sit back and have Jan M Vincent squint into the camera for 20 mins..
Roll stock footage of AW blowing shit up.
Yeah temp fixed AW and got the bad guy/missing child/lost dog or cat.
So when this didnt work lets add a perky woman to the group and have HER fly!

/facepalm

But they did have some great stunt flyers on there..
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't watch very many episodes of that as a kid.  I don't have the heart to watch most of the show I loved as a kid again.  It would just ruin the memory for me.    
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I didn't watch very many episodes of that as a kid.  I don't have the heart to watch most of the show I loved as a kid again.  It would just ruin the memory for me.    

yup this..

dont do it man..
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently watched the pilot episode on hulu for the first time since the 80s.  I was surprised at how much I remembered.  It was actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I made the same mistake with Air Wolf and Battlestar Gallactica.

The nostalgia for the vehicle/action footage isn't enough to distract me from the incredibly horrid writing.  A lot of the acting is bad but I kinda give that a pass because the scripts are so poor.

Sad to say, but the original Star Wars trilogy doesn't do much for me in the script and acting department.  It's not as bad as the newer ones, but I'd be grimacing if I was seeing them for the first time today.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Does anyone know where the user Airwolf went?

He hasn't been around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup this..

dont do it man..

You should watch the shit kids watch today. I love  the old stuff, I am on season 4 of Miami Vice, you just got to remember it's 1980's..............

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember that what they had to work with back then is a totally different realm from shows today. Take Battlestar Galactica for instance. Of course they don't make shows like that anymore, now it's all jersey douche, fattest looser, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He hasn't been around.

I just did a search.  He posted today in the Stargate Universe thread here in GD.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea...for as much as I liked it back then, It seems corny as hell now... Too bad I was a big fan of that show...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#10]
but why oh why did they have to put in a perky woman side kick.. she was not needed.. Damn focus groups ruining good shows.. season 1 was pretty good then it went down hill.. like they were not even trying..
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I found a channel on JTV that rebroadcasts a national network called Retro TV.

They show Airwolf at 10am pacific time weekdays.  

I was a big fan back in the day.  I watch it now and then on RTV.  

It was real cheesy.  A fine example of bad TV that's fun to watch.

The Wikipedia article on Airwolf mentioned that the network couldn't figure out what to do with the show.  

They kept monkeying around with the premise.  The last season was moved to the USA Network without Jan Michael Vincent.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He hasn't been around.

I just did a search.  He posted today in the Stargate Universe thread here in GD.

Negative, check his log in and post dates:

Last Login Date:
9/30/2010 8:53:11 PM EDT
Last Post Date:
9/30/2010 8:26:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't there a user with the name "Airwolf" on this board? I thought this was a call-out thread.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I recently watched the old Star Blazers movies (Battleship Yamoto) and it was amazing how much of the story line I could remember 30 years later!  That is worth watching if you want a flash back!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He hasn't been around.

Last Login Date:
Last Post Date:

I guess he got canceled..
Hope he shows up in reruns!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He hasn't been around.

I just did a search. He posted today in the Stargate Universe thread here in GD.

Last Login Date:

Last Post Date:

Damn, that's weird.  My search foo must suck today.    I wonder if he is alright?  

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Watched and remembered everything. All aircraft! Shitty crew(Anyone could fly it but Katlin was hot)) and Archangel was a joke.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Even when I was a kid, I thought that Airwolf was cheesy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He hasn't been around.

Crashed and killed 3 people

"After the show was cancelled the modifications were removed (now owned by a private collector) from the actual helicopter. It was repainted and eventually sold to the German helicopter charter company, Hubschrauber-Sonder-Dienst (aka HSD Luftrettung and Blue Helicopter Alliance), and given the registration number D-HHSD.[2] While operating as an air ambulance the helicopter crashed in a thunderstorm on June 6, 1992, killing its three passengers.[3]"

Don't know about the Arfcomer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I guess it was kinda hard writing a script where the main actor stayed blitzed most of the time...........However, before that ole Jan Vincent had some pretty good movies if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He hasn't been around.

Last Login Date:

Last Post Date:

I guess he got canceled..

Hope he shows up in reruns!

He disappeared for a long while a year or so ago, and then came back.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I guess it was kinda hard writing a script where the main actor stayed blitzed most of the time...........However, before that ole Jan Vincent had some pretty good movies if I remember correctly.

blitzed/bar room brawls/and beating wife..

so ya.. your right..
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Jan Micheal Vincent crashed hard with the booze.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Mechanic (with Charles Bronson) was one of my favorite JMV movies.

As for the ARF member with that name, I think he gets on his KLR and goes into the wilderness for long stretches at a time.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Dude!  Totally!

And those A Team guys couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their weapons.  Special Forces my ass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#27]
If Airwolf taught me anything, it taught me that there's isn't any problem that can't be solved with a helicopter.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#28]
The theme song is my ringtone.

DO NOT dis the Airwolf.  I'll have you know that the launcher on the bottom of Airwolf was a real weapon that actually fired 40mm ammo.

Say you're god damned sorry...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
but why oh why did they have to put in a perky woman side kick.. she was not needed.. Damn focus groups ruining good shows.. season 1 was pretty good then it went down hill.. like they were not even trying..

I could put a "know how I know your gay" joke in here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If Airwolf taught me anything, it taught me that there's isn't any problem that can't be solved with a helicopter.

Am I the only one that read this in Homer Simpson's voice?

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could put a "know how I know your gay" joke in here.

smooch!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Let me start of with.. as a kid that got out of school in 87. I saw all the first airings of the show, and was a big fan of it..

now that im much older and watching them again, thanks to netflix. Im now thinking to my self WTF?!?

They could of done soooooo much more with that show than what they did..  It was a top secret Heli, but every one and his brother knew about it..

Oh noes some villian has a weapon/bomb/advanced aircraft/missing child/lost dog or cat.

to the airwolf cave!

Oh noes Airwolf is breaking down! (I really think it was built by landrover with Lucas doing the electronics).

/facepalm

You know what saddened me even more?  A-Team and Knight Rider.

Damn.  I thought those were the best shows ever too.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I like it when the Jan Micheal Vincent fired those missiles. That was way too cool.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
to the airwolf cave!

/facepalm

We were young, dumb and full of cum.

Most of us are still the last two.                      
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

to the airwolf cave!

/facepalm

You could say similar things about a bunch of the cheesy action/drama shows from back in the '80s.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'll get torched for this... but, I feel the same way about Red Dawn. Great concept, tearjerker storytelling, stirring drama - but packaged in a real stinker of an action flick.  It wasn't bad by 1984 standards, but compared to the typical modern film - sheeshhh.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#38]
6/10 not enough expitives.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Don't talk shit about Airwolf.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I think the Airwolf hover sound would make a pretty good ringtone....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Mechanic (with Charles Bronson) was one of my favorite JMV movies.

As for the ARF member with that name, I think he gets on his KLR and goes into the wilderness for long stretches at a time.

I loved that movie as well.  I definitely need to hunt down a copy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think the Airwolf hover sound would make a pretty good ringtone....

go to www.myxer.com.  they have it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The last season was moved to the USA Network without Jan Michael Vincent.

From what I read they changed the entire cast and didn't even have the actual flying helicopter.
So they used old footage and mockups.

Quoted:

DO NOT dis the Airwolf.  I'll have you know that the launcher on the bottom of Airwolf was a real weapon that actually fired 40mm ammo.

Hmmmm....my suspicion that you are the one that actually watched season 4 grows stronger....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Jan Micheal Vincent crashed hard with the booze.

UN-real.

Chalk another one up to "You don't know how hard it is being rich and famous!"

Darwinism at work.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#45]
it jumped a whole ocean of sharks when they moved to Canada
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm....my suspicion that you are the one that actually watched season 4 grows stronger....

I was tarped!  I saw Airwolf on the guide and thought it was another season of Dominic Santini awesomeness.  They lied, I cried.  How can they do that to 11 year olds.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
it jumped a whole ocean of sharks when they moved to Canada

yup they did..

they should of from the get go kept with the dark story of the first season and not the happy happy joy joy of season 2 on..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top