User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2010 11:33:05 PM EDT
Will it get better?

Stay the same?

Get worse?

Would you put money back in the Market?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it will stay the same, but without the extra bullshit 0 keeps pushing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
ill wait until they stop the tax increases and stop obamacare before I start spending any money. I imagine the econom will get better if thhey actually do something.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It will get better ..... Then Obongo will win reelection in 2012 on the good economy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be childishly optimistic.  I may not put my money in the stock market, but that will just leave more in my pocket for buying bubble gum.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It will get better ..... Then Obongo will win reelection in 2012 on the good economy.
I'm afraid you're right about this.

Then he doesn't worry about re-reelection and goes nuts.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

A true repeat of 1994/1996.

God, I hope the GOP learns from those 2 elections and prevents history from repeating it's self.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends which type of R's get in...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God, I hope the GOP learns from those 2 elections and prevents history from repeating it's self.
all we have to do is not run a jackass.  Obama isn't as cool as he was in 2008 and I don't htink anything is going to change that. Clinton was a liberal douche but kept his charm alive. Obama is just an angry man and it is clear to see for the whole country. His hype will not come back . He fucked things up far worse than clinton did and people will see it in their insurance premiums and have beeen seeing it in their paychecks or lack of.  

The only thing to worry about is a third party candidate with a lot of money.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
The parties are much the same, they continue the status quo for their benefit.
If we have a true change I might look at the market again. However I feel that those who have been in control, both parties. Have screwed the lives of many Americans.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The parties are much the same, they continue the status quo for their benefit.

If we have a true change I might look at the market again. However I feel that those who have been in control, both parties. Have screwed the lives of many Americans.

BIG +1

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Dividends.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#12]
the decline in our quality of life  may slow, but we have a long way down before we start back up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Better, but they have a lot to prove.  They haven't exactly acted like fiscal conservatives for quite some time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#14]
The "market" likes obongo.  When he can't have his way anymore, and there is deadlock in congress, I would expect a fair amount of correction, at least short term.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I would feel  optimistic.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd fel better but there is not a lot they can do without a voto proof majority.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Short term I think it gets better, the private sector is sitting on a lot of money right now, but with the uncertaintly over what the progressive statists will do next they aint spending it. I think gridlock will be a good thing.

Long term, until someone gives me an answer for what the plan is for social security especially in the next decade, I have no faith in our economy. The bill is going to come due in the next decade or so, as it stands right now we as a country are fucked.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it will stay the same, but without the extra bullshit 0 keeps pushing.

nail on head
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Short term I think it gets better, the private sector is sitting on a lot of money right now, but with the uncertaintly over what the progressive statists will do next they aint spending it. I think gridlock will be a good thing.

Long term, until someone gives me an answer for what the plan is for social security especially in the next decade, I have no faith in our economy. The bill is going to come due in the next decade or so, as it stands right now we as a country are fucked.

Personally I don't have much faith in the GOP either.

We need a different kind of people in Washington.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

it would really depend on what if anything they do.

IF the actually make a move for lower taxes and smaller .gov we can expect and explosion in the economy. if they perform just as well as they did the last time they were in charge.... more of the same.

Yep.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:43:37 AM EDT
[#22]
It'll still be fucked.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Long-term at least, we've still got huge problems. Their little overtures about tax cuts will have Zero impact on our deficit and I have yet to hear a politician make meaningful statements about what's required to deal with it.

Both parties suck. Lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It'll still be fucked.

This. Too much fucked up stuff has been passed. The house of cards will continue to fall. People don't like obama because his policies are fatal too the country, not for the reasons the msm claims.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Will it get better?

Stay the same?

Get worse?

Would you put money back in the Market?

Worse

They will try to "balance" it.

Efforts to balance the budget will be futile and fuck shit up.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

all we have to do is not run a jackass.  Obama isn't as cool as he was in 2008 and I don't think anything is going to change that. Clinton was a liberal douche but kept his charm alive. Obama is just an angry man and it is clear to see for the whole country. His hype will not come back . He fucked things up far worse than Clinton did and people will see it in their insurance premiums and have been seeing it in their pay checks or lack of.  

The only thing to worry about is a third party candidate with a lot of money.

Plus Zer0 didn't reverse course like Clinton did when things started heading south "democrat style" like they always do when a dimmocrat gets in the WH. Obama is more like Carter in that he doesn't realize his ideology is fucking everything up. Clinton was smart enough to realize it, and had to push the leftist agenda much more slowly. Clinton caused a lot of damage even though he was widely seen as a "do good" president when he really wasn't.  He just was and is a weasel who won't get nailed down on anything, even when his cum stains show up on interns dresses. Obama could learn from Slick Willy, but he won't.

But yeah, you are right. Another Ross Perot could put Obama in. Not that Ross Perot wasn't a good man, just the whole third party effect.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Until obama care, excessive spending/govt and cap in trade are dead will the economy become truely stable ––––and free again.

I see no difference between obama care and cap and trade Vs a dictatorship style like they have in Venezuela right now. It is also interesting to note that the obama group is now trying to micromanage the economy much like carter did. You can only do that for so long before things go to hell.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't think anything will happen, the GOP has really never reversed any laws the Dems put in place. I think they will try to change the laws like Healthcare, but it won't be repealed.

Any damage that is done, won't take place instanteously. It will take lots of time. Once the law get set in motion it is awfully hard to stop.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Cautious optimism and that's it.

EVERYBODY is running on smaller government these days. I am not sold that it will actually happen...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone noticed anything good coming out of Washington in the last decade or two? I sure haven't.  

Seems like a deadlocked, do-nothing DC might be just what the doctor ordered.  The best thing those fuckers can do is go on vacation and not come back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top