Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2010 5:10:27 PM EDT
Is it still possible to purchase the original cuts of Star Wars trilogy on dvd? I'm talking the Han shooting first, pre-CGI scene cuts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Used VHS sales or download a rip off the internet.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The DVD's that came out a few years ago have both versions of the film in each box...the originals and the ones Lucas just HAD to mess with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I has the VHS last edition set they sold before special editions might consider parting with it for something gun related and awesome. Also im sure you could find a torrent of them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The DVD's that came out a few years ago have both versions of the film in each box...the originals and the ones Lucas just HAD to mess with.

This one is your best bet.
The tin cases even have the original theatrical posters for covers, too cool
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice! I was not aware of that. I was worried Lucas was trying to erase the original versions from history and replace them with his mutant recuts. I still have the original VHS copies, but haven't had a functioning VCR for many years now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the laser disc.....da big ens.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! I was not aware of that. I was worried Lucas was trying to erase the original versions from history and replace them with his mutant recuts. I still have the original VHS copies, but haven't had a functioning VCR for many years now.
No, even he who cannot leave well enough alone knows better than to risk the wrath of us SW geeks!

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
wait for the blu-ray version.  It its not 1080p, it doesnt belong on my TV
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a fan-cut available on DVD.  Basically this guy does everything that Lucas should have done with the special editions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAZUHXB_SRs&p=F484C5851ED2EE6A&playnext=1&index=59

Here's a preview of Empire.  If you've seen it enough times the difference should be obvious

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top