User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:35:37 PM EDT
I just sold a firearm, and I have no idea what I do for shipping,

There is no invoice system either I notice,

Can somebody tell me what I need to do?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've read hear, get a box that fits, wrap the gun in paper, and put in extra scrunched up paper (or bubble wrap) to keep things from banging around, and most importantly label them as "machine parts".  You are shipping to an FFL right?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
From what I've read hear, get a box that fits, wrap the gun in paper, and put in extra scrunched up paper (or bubble wrap) to keep things from banging around, and most importantly label them as "machine parts".  You are shipping to an FFL right?

Yes FFL,

But I read on UPS and USPS that I do need to disclose what it is.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes FFL,

That is a no go unless you are an FFL

Handguns  , long guns are fine

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes FFL,

So I can send a long gun USPS if I don't have a FFL?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes FFL,

Yes
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes FFL,

Yes

So how does declaring that work If I cant take a Firearm on Post office property?
Or is that just with loaded weapons?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes FFL,

Yes

So how does declaring that work If I cant take a Firearm on Post office property?

It's perfectly legal if it's boxed up , unloaded  and being shipped to an FFL or a manufacturer  for warranty work.

Just make sure you insure it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes FFL,

Yes

It's perfectly legal if it's boxed up , unloaded  and being shipped to an FFL or a manufacturer  for warranty work.

Just make sure you insure it.

Awesome-Sauce,

Thank You very much, you have saved me from  having a episode.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
You get him to mail you the payment with the FFL.  Then you make a copy of the FFL, write on it what you are sending and to whom (the guy that won the auction), pack the gun, include the copy of the FFL (just in case the USPS opens the box), and mail it priority with insurance (someone has to sign for isnurance) to the FFL dealers address.  Keep the other copy of the FFL with notes on it as to the serial number of the gun, and who bought it and file it.  Let the purchaser know his gun is on the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top