Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/26/2010 10:11:40 AM EDT
I was just out taking my kids for a walk. They are 19 mos and 6 mos old. The 19mo walks well and I just kind of follow behind her, my 6 mos was in a baby bjorn chest rig. We were just walking around the block and I had a confrontation with a guy down the street. My 19 month old had stopped to pick up blowing leaves on the sidewalk at the house next to his so we were kind of just hanging out for about 3 minutes in the same spot. The guy was messing around with his car that was parked in the street, walking around it, sort of acting like something was wrong with it and he kept staring at us. I was watching my kids and kind of watching him because he seemed frustrated and I was thinking he wanted to ask me for some kind of help.

He takes a step toward me but he is still around 30 feet from me and says "is there a problem?"

I said "is your car ok?"

Then he says "it's none of your business what I'm doing!"

I then say " Sorry, just trying to be friendly"

He then says something like "your going to be sorry if you don't get away from my house" as he walked inside. He wasn't facing me when he said this, so I couldn't be exactly clear what he said. If I had heard exactly what he said and he made a direct threat, there is no question I would call the cops.

Now mind you, I'm wearing a 6 month old kid and my 19mo old is next to me, so I don't look like a guy looking for a fight. I got my kids together and we headed home. I have seen this guy maybe 2x in 4 yrs living here and never had an issue. We walk our kids past his house all the time, but I almost never see him out.

I am thinking I should report this in case something happens in the future, but at the same time, I don't want to start an issue with a hot head neighbor. I work 12 hr shifts and sometimes at night. I don't want my wife and kids to have an issue when I am not there, even though my wife is proficient with an AR.

Should I report or let it die and see if something else happens?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Leave it alone, just keep an eye on the guy.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO i say continue your routine and if he seems to be a persistent problem then call. Also maybe warn the wife just so she knows.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
He hasn't done anything illegal, he's just a massive dick.  no police, but keep an eye on him when you're out and about.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He hasn't done anything illegal, he's just a massive dick.  no police, but keep an eye on him when you're out and about.

This..which si pretty much the same as i;d tell you if I got the call from you regarding this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Check your states pedophile lists, he may be prohibited from being that close to kids.

sex offender, whatever
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Calling the cops on the guy being a douche will only result in more animosity. The guy may have just been having a shitty day. Keep your awareness up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#7]
sounds like he might be a rehtard
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check your states pedophile lists, he may be prohibited from being that close to kids.

sex offender, whatever

Or he was trying to bring his stash in from outside and you were all up in his business
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't see any reason why if your mind your own business he won't do the same. He was probably just pissed because his car isn't working and took it out on the guy sitting there staring at him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Did your 19 month old make eye contact or make a furtive move with his hands?  

Seriously.  That's pretty messed up.  Who messes with a guy walking with his infant kids?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Go about your Buisness. Watch for repeat behavior.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a fellow Arfcommer. Lucky you didn't get bladed or dumped or whatever.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This.  

The cops can't do anything to him unless he's done something to you.  I quit calling them for stuff like this because they can't or won't do anything about it, unless someone gets hurt.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Let it be, stay alert...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The guy may have just been having a shitty day.

Car problems do tend to put a damper on one's mood.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

sex offender, whatever

Good idea. I'd be checking that for sure. His actions would make a little more sense if that were the case.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#17]
He was a bitch for acting tough with a man who is carrying babies.

I would have told him to mind his own and that "I can do whatever I want to on MY sidewalk" and reminded him to get his hoopty off city property.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Looking for the thread:

Guy using kids as a cover casing my house and car. Fo or not.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't call. Just keep an eye on him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#20]
quick google search reveals:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
1M endangering children/weapons while intoxicated
3M discharge of firearms

Filed by spouse,all from one incident this year. This guy is just went to hot on my radar.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#21]
He was probably irritated and frustrated with his car, and your seeming to stand and watch him irked him so he acted like a dick.

Like others have said, I wouldn't call the cops, but I would keep an eye on the guy.

Someone said maybe he's a sex offender, maybe, go check him out on the web.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#22]
neighborhood jerk, bet you ask his neighbors and they would tell you the same.

He's the guy that all the kids on the street know about who is an ass when a ball bounces in his yard he keeps it instead of throw it back. Yell at kids to "get off my lawn you punks" and is the just the neighborhood grouch.

leave him be, he'll live a miserable life and die a lonely old fart in a nursing home all alone because even his own kids hate his guts.

Or he'll die in his house no one will miss him and be found 6 months later when the neighbors notice a stench coming from his house and call the police.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't involve the cops in such a petty thing.  Then you'll really draw the attention of that neighbor.  Just ignore him and don't pay any heed to him like you've been doing.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

Filed by spouse,all from one incident this year. This guy is just went to hot on my radar.

wow, model citizen
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

1M domestic violence

1M aggravated menacing

3M discharge of firearms

Well that's interesting (as long as the spouse wasn't making shit up).

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

wow, model citizen

Obviously likes to pick fights with people who can't fight back. Level 1 fucktard
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

Shittum with a propensity to violence...Wide Berth, Carry
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Avoid him, but don't allow him to run the conversation if you cross paths.

Something wrong?
Nope

Standing in a public street is none of his business.

Don't be polite
Don't be rude
Simply be

Something is up with the guy, no question.

ETA: Read the goodle results.  Avoid the guy.  Eventually he'll become an inmate.  Had I known what you know when he made a threat, I would call and get a TRO.

Guy's a fucking rampage waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

glad i read the whole thread...

i was about to say that sometimes routine maintenance on a vehicle can turn into an all day affair and can lead to a lot of frustration, but after reading that, i would be VERY worried. he seems like a hot head with a history of violence towards women and children... and he apparently has guns...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm a confrontational kind of guy, I love to argue, but I also have two young children, in that situation I would just leave it alone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Really? The guy is pissy leave it at that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

i was about to say that sometimes routine maintenance on a vehicle can turn into an all day affair and can lead to a lot of frustration, but after reading that, i would be VERY worried. he seems like a hot head with a history of violence towards women and children... and he apparently has guns...

At this point he should have no guns.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Can you carry?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Reconsidered.

I'd call and get it on record.  Not ask to have them talk to him, just that you want an incident recorded.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

this

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Can you carry?

Exactly what I was thinking and why I'd get a record of the event.

That way if he'd attack you and your children and his brains wind up all over his car, you have something.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

i completely agree, but there are millions of violent felons that not only own guns, but keep them on their person all the time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

i completely agree, but there are millions of violent felons that not only own guns, but keep them on their person all the time.

Then he needs to have a stay in the cross bar hotel, or die early from sudden weight gain - like 230 grains in the skull.

I just don't wanna be the one to do it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

Well that's interesting (as long as the spouse wasn't making shit up).

quick search of other local courts shows several other incidents of menacing/DV etc . This guy is a repeat offender.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck it. Call the popo and if nothing else, document your encounter. Anyone that anti social and blatantly so is more likely than not someone who doesn't give a shit. About anything. Especially if he threatened you after your friendly gesture. You may be able to get him charged with DOC if you felt "threatened". Even if not, you'll have a record of the encounter if this shitstain goes off in the future.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Next time you go for a walk, OC an AR. See if he says anything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#45]

nevermind

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#46]
You're going to call the cops for rudeness?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

1M domestic violence
1M aggravated menacing
3M discharge of firearms

OP - where are you in OH?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#49]
At first I was on the 'leave it alone'side, but after finding out about his history I would call and report the "threatening behavior".
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This and an extra eye
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top