Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2010 8:46:06 AM EDT
My sons each shot does last weekend, I have about 40 lbs of trimmings, roasts and other odds and ends that need jerkified.

I don't own a smoker, (I wish) so will be using a couple of food dehydrators.  Any good suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I slice mine about 1\8-1\4 in thick then marinate in a mixture of Dales steak marinade,onion powder,garlic powder,crushed red pepper,cayenne pepper and brown suger. Usually just add ingredients by feel. Depending on the humidity and how thick you like your jerky,can take 12-24 hours .Biggest thing is to get ALL the fat and tendons out of the meat or it spoils quickly( unless like me,you eat it all in a week,then you don't have to worry about it going bad)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top