Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2010 6:27:17 AM EDT
Shot my first deer of the season yesterday evening. I now have two whole tenderloins soaking in a brine solution in the fridge. The rest went to sausage. What is your favorite Deer tenderloin recipe? Sorry no pics, it was warm so I was in a hurry to get him butchered.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Au poivre

But first let's get that good meat out of the brine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I like to pan fry medallions with caramelized soy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually eat off the carcass while still warm while simultaneously fighting off wolves....

But then again, I'm a manly man.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shot my first deer of the season yesterday evening. I now have two whole tenderloins soaking in a brine solution in the fridge. The rest went to sausage. What is your favorite Deer tenderloin recipe? Sorry no pics, it was warm so I was in a hurry to get him butchered.

the hell?  Hope you saved the backstrap (back loins) too...I think they are even better than tenderloins!
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm hoping he thinks the backstraps are the tenderloins.

Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and cook over charcoal and hickory until medium rare.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm hoping he thinks the backstraps are the tenderloins.

Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and cook over charcoal and hickory until medium rare.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
First quickly sear then into the oven with a juniper berry crust w/blueberry sauce glaze.. Cook till you like (med rare to medium @ the most). Eat it w/a good Merlot & your choice of sidedish.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Marinate in 1 cup of Dr. Pepper and 1 cup of soy Sauce for 12 -24 hours.  Wrap in bacon and grill until bacon is done.  Meat will still be rare but not dried out.  Perfection.
This is my 8 yrs daughters favorite food.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Cast Iron

Pat of Butter

Salt and Pepper to taste.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you talking about the real tenderloins inside the body cavity?  These are usually very small, about 2" in diameter.  I always take these out when field dressing a deer and put them in a ziplock ASAP.

The backstraps are the larger pieces along the top and sides of the backbone.  Good stuff and second only to the tenderloins.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We like them bacon-wrapped, then marinated in Dale's marinade sauce (in a gallon freezer Zip-Lock bag overnight), then cooked on a charcoal grill.  

Congratulations on your kill!  

Have you tried it without the bacon?  Used to do it that way, but makes me over-cook it (to get bacon done)––If you haven't, you should give it a try without, searing both sides to a maximum of medium rare sometime...I personally like it much more, but YMMV...just throwin it out there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Please tell me you didn't make sausage out of the backstraps.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Butterfly them, stuff with minced onion, chopped mushroom and bacon, blue cheese crumbles.  Sew back together with fireproof string.  Sear in cast iron pan on high heat, on each side, broil or grill to medium or medium rare.

ETA: Above is for backstraps

For actual loins, I cut them into coins and fry in butter.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the "loins" and backstraps both saved for special treatment. I like deer sausage. It is a mix of seasoning from the local butcher and one slice Petit Jean bacon per pound of deer. The bacon ground in there gies it a wonderful flavor and just enough fat. Looks like the grill is going to get fired up tomorrow. My favorite is usually sliced thin and fried in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease then make gravy with the drippings..Bake some biscuits and enjoy. But, I will have to try the grill tomorrow. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
cut loins in to 1/2-3/4 inch thick medallions

marinade in oilive oil and some montreal steak seasoning

remove from marinade...add some more montreal seasoning

bast medallions with A1 sauce while grilling  to med - med well

enjoy
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
don't fuck up a tenderloin with spices, rubs, marinade, or any of that other shit.

charcoal grill like god intended.

maybe some salt and pepper, but i never need any.

backstraps i suppose are ok to marinade if you suck at grill.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Au poivre

But first let's get that good meat out of the brine.

Brine??

Vinegar and water..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top