Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 2:59:18 PM EDT
Just got the May issue of American Rifleman.  There's a brief story about one of PETA's anti-hunting escapades.  Apparently they captured 400 deer, outfitted them all with blaze orange vests, and let them go.  It did not turn out as they expected, though.  Someone offered prizes for anyone bagging a deer in an orange vest.  That turned out to be relatively easy; as one hunter remarked, "You can see them coming a mile away."  At last report, 308 of the 400 deer had been taken.  God bless those thumb sucking idiots. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG!  That's great!  I love it when one of thier stupid schemes backfires!

Sooner or later one of them is going to get killed breaking into private property.  They don't seem to realize that we can legally shoot them in Colorado for that!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
[URL=http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/deervest.htm]Hoax.[/URL]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, you mean there ain't no Santa Claus? [rolleyes]

Guess American Rifleman should check out their stories a little more thoroughly.  Now that I think about it, capturing a deer is probably a non-trivial undertaking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's an urban legend.

I can't believe they published that...[rolleyes]
View Quote

When the NRA had its convention out here in Seattle in, uh, 1995?, Suzanne Gratiana-Hupp (TX state legislator, spokeswoman for CCW after her parents were murdered in the Luby's massacre) made a speech about the "was it a suicide or a murder" "coroner's ruling" thing that was circulating the 'net back then.

You know -- guy is despondent, jumps off a roof, gets shot by a shotgun blast on the way down, turns out there's a net around the building (because of construction) that would have saved him if he hadn't been killed by the shotgun, turns out it was his father shooting at his mother, turns out the guy loaded the shotgun in the hope of father killing mother when father got drunk and waved shotgun around (family tradition), coroner finally rules it a "suicide".

Only problem is, that was an urban legend that grew out of a lecture at a forensic-medicine convention. [:D]  I hated having to explain that to her. [:p]

Hah!  Found it on Snopes!
[url]http://www.snopes2.com/horrors/freakish/opus.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top