Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2001 3:15:40 AM EDT
These pistols are all over. Made years ago, polymer frame, two 15 rounders and don't look bad. Why do they sell so cheap? Is it because they are a POS or what? I was looking into getting one but something is telling to check it out. Thanks for the input.
Rick
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Iwould not complain about cheap,equipment cost enough these days!
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
ARs4EVER:

I have had a couple of these pistols over the years (slow learner).

IMHO, they have great ergonomics.  Every time I lifted the pistol up, the sights were ALIGNED.  Recoil was mild (of course) and they functioned without a hitch.

The ONLY problem I had is I couldn't figure out what the sights were for.  You see, it didn't matter what the sights were aimed at, you couldn't hit it.  My best 10 shot group with one was on a 200 yd SR Highpower rifle target.  At 50 feet, NINE of them clustered into a nice tight 18 INCH group.  The tenth was an obvious flyer that opened things up to 30 inches.....

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at the same thing, but after SRM's review I checked some other "professional" reviews and they pretty much verified SRM's findings.  Not very accurate, and really bad with flyers.  Even from a Ransom Rest!  Think I'll have to pass on that one.  

Thanks SRM, you probably saved a couple of us some dough at least.

Ross
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I've heard (and from people are educated)....not one of Colt's best product ideas.  I can't recall what I found out, but I asked it here (well, on the old board).
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#5]
REED KNIGHT ACTUALLY DESIGNED THIS PISTOL AND THE FIRST 3000 BEGIN W/ THE S/N RK----. THE FIRST RUN HAD ALLUMINUM FRAMES AND SUBSEQUENT RUN WAS POLYMER. I HAVE ONE OF THE ALL. FRAMES BUT CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY IMPUT ON HOW ACCURATE AS MINE IS STILL NIB.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Soupsandwich:
Yep, the Colt 2000 is a Reed Knight design with a rotating breech (kinda likea riflewe allknow and love).  I think you are smart to keep it NIB as a collector, it is sure to appreciate.

Ross:
Only time anyone ever called me "professional" they had their tongue firmly planted in their cheek!!  [:)]

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top