Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2010 7:56:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a bought some stock on the day it peaked at its highest value ever ($8.65 if I recall)    That day it spiked like $2 and that is the day my order went through.

Link Posted: 10/18/2010 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to the website , they are easy to deal with. I think its www.siruisxm.com , or something like that.

I got the 4 year plan for $400. , commercial free , great classical music , Jazz and 80's.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I paid for 1 year in advance ($79)...it is on auto-renew and I have since sold the car...thanks for reminding me though! The new truck has sat radio in it as well, but we are still on our "trial" period...after that I'll see if I can get it switched over.

Link Posted: 10/18/2010 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go to the website , they are easy to deal with. I think its www.siruisxm.com , or something like that.

I got the 4 year plan for $400. , commercial free , great classical music , Jazz and 80's.

Should have bought the lifetime for $500.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a lifetime for $350. back in late 2006 or early 2007...They even broke down the $350 into 3 or 4 monthly payments.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I would've invested several thousand dollars when the stock dropped to 5¢
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
The quarterly plan is pretty good deal..... That's how mine is.

My dad got a really good deal, when they called him to renew, and he was trying to say no, and they cut him a deal, and he took it
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I had the 3 month trial on a new boat I bought.  Never paid them anything and it was still working when I sold it almost 3 years later.............
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know that you can get the lifetime plan for $399? Of course that is the lifetime of the radio, not the owner, and so far their equipment hasn't impressed me that much.

OP, the previous owner may have purchased a lifetime, or other long term plan for the radio, and the subscription is tied to the hardware. If he had wanted to he could have transferred it to a different radio.

Myself I have several Sirius radios and an XM, only two of them are active now. They shitcanned a couple of my favorite channels, and replaced them with stuff that was redundant before they added extra redundancy. I only have two reasons for keeping the XM, I really like listening to baseball games, and the radio is in my work van and I work in the sticks and don't get much FM that isn't Country or hip-hop/R&B, I am not much of a fan of either.

Lifetime use to be good on up to three receivers, you has to pay a small fee to transfer it to a new one.

Still on my first receiver and it's 5 years old.  Stern better resign.

BTW, looks like they no longer offer the lifetime plan.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Stock has doubled in the last 12 months.........
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1 I did it through the website, I mostly listen to Fox News.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We bought a truck for my wife that has an add-on Sirius radio in it.  We have had the truck for several months now and every first of the month we get a screen that I ASSume has something about renewing (I haven't seen it) and then it just goes away and the thing keeps working.  It just crossed my mind the original owner of the truck may have a CC attached to some kind of account and we may (?) be charging a month's service to their CC?  

How does one pay for Sirius?  Could they have paid it for a year?  <––This was my stepson's suggestion.

Either way, does anyone know what this is going to cost me?  My wife REALLY likes having all her stupid love songs available nonstop, so I guess I'm stuck paying for <what is available free> radio.    

It's all tied to the ESN of the radio, it's very possible the previous owner had paid a yearly subscription on it. You could call them, give them the S/N (ESN) of the radio and they can tell you what level of subscription that's on the unit. At one time Sirus was offering a lifetime membership for $395 which I opted for in both my vehicle and my wife's XM unit. I like their service so I think it's worth it, especially their talk and entertainment line-up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know that you can get the lifetime plan for $399? Of course that is the lifetime of the radio, not the owner, and so far their equipment hasn't impressed me that much.

OP, the previous owner may have purchased a lifetime, or other long term plan for the radio, and the subscription is tied to the hardware. If he had wanted to he could have transferred it to a different radio.

Myself I have several Sirius radios and an XM, only two of them are active now. They shitcanned a couple of my favorite channels, and replaced them with stuff that was redundant before they added extra redundancy. I only have two reasons for keeping the XM, I really like listening to baseball games, and the radio is in my work van and I work in the sticks and don't get much FM that isn't Country or hip-hop/R&B, I am not much of a fan of either.

Part of the lifetime plan is the option to transfer service to a new radio for a $75 fee.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Just don't pay for it and expect to quit without a fight. They were hounding me with three calls a day wondering why I quit, they only stopped when I cussed one of their guys out and he took me off the list. I have unsubscribed their email many times as well to no avail. They lost any future business with me because of their obnoxious harassment.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought a Lifetime Sirius Membership for my pickup, and I regret it.

I broke one of the receivers, and they failed to tell me that the lifetime subscription is only good for 5 receivers, then it is null and void.

They also didn't mention the $75 connection fee for every new receiver with the lifetime subscription.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Part of the lifetime plan is the option to transfer service to a new radio for a $75 fee.

You can only do that 5 times.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top