Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 12:24:57 PM EDT
I 've been traveling again so I'm reading another book. I picked up one of Mark Bowden's (Blackhawk Down) earlier works "Killing Pablo". It chronicals the life and times of Columbian bad-guy Pablo Escobar.

Man he was one bad hombre.. I'm currently at the part where Col. Jerry Boykin / Delta Force is in country getting the lay of the land.

Course we all know the ending....
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, i read sometimes.

i'm currently working on a bio of teddy roosevelt, and jefferson davis' "history of the confederate states of america". davis is not a great writer. [sleep]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup... I'm currently in the middle of 'The Complete Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy'.  Then it's on to Blackhawk Down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I read too.  Just finished re-reading [u]Fellowship of the Ring.[/u]  Before that I read P.J. O'Rourke's humorous economics book [u]Eat the Rich[/u], and Orson Scott Card's [u]Shadow of the Hegemon[/u] (not as good as [u]Ender's Shadow[/u] but not bad.)  Now I'm reading John Ringo's [u]Gust Front[/u].  Probably finish it tonight.  I've got about six more books lined up to go.  Reading is my primary hobby.  Shooting/loading is a close second.

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I am reading [u]Alas, Babylon[/u].  Good book, very relevant for our times even though it was written 43 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if you get bored with a book I suppose you could shoot it full of holes [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know how to read.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I screwed the title of this thread up! It was supposed to be "Anybody else read Killing Pablo" is there a way to edit the title?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm always into one or three books.

Right now I'm towards the tailend of [i]Sophie's Garden[/i], a novel about the history of philosophy.

And I'm only at ~pg. 150 in [i]The making of the Atom Bomb[/i]. I've been working on it since the middle of Dec. It is the history of modern physics, only a little more than 100 yrs old, with a good helping of philosophy. It should be a great book if I could stay awake longer than 10-15 pgs at a time. [|)] zzzzz

I just picked up a book on the battle of Kursk and one on the history of submarines.

I recently finished [i]The Hobbit[/i] for the first time. I never could get into it as a kid despite liking the genre.

Chuck Yeager's autobiography is a great read if you're into airplanes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I screwed the title of this thread up! It was supposed to be "Anybody else read Killing Pablo" is there a way to edit the title?
View Quote

ECS...hit the edit icon in your original post and it will take you to the screen where you can edit the post or the title.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#10]
AR15 bookclub anyone?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a Bad Idea.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, a great book but trust me. Close to the end you will be screaming "come on already!" at these guys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm currently reading "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in the middle of [u]How to Totally Satisfy A Woman . . . Every Time![/u]

I don't know why.  It's not like I'll ever get to use the information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top