Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 12:12:09 PM EDT
He hurt my feelings as a Catholic and impugned priests everywhere with his uninformed opinions. Should this be tolerated, or should someone step in and put an end to it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
He's got an opinion and he asked a question, with which the moderators had no problem.

I've got an opinion and I asked a question.

No problem, right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If we didn't have people to disagree with us, what fun would general discussion be?  If someone hurts my feelings, my general response is to tear em a new one, but then again, this damn web thing doesn't really work for that, but I can outwhit him as can you.

But just for fun, ban John91498, do it for the Catholic children!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
We could ban him and the Catholic church and then everyone would be happy because everything would be banned [>:/]

[beer]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Ban the banners.

It's for the children of the banned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He hurt my feelings as a Catholic and impugned priests everywhere with his uninformed opinions. Should this be tolerated, or should someone step in and put an end to it?
View Quote

By questioning any part of Catholic belief, one was branded a heretic in centuries past... You could always drag out the Malleus Maleficarum... The Catholic 'glory days'...[;)]

[url]www.malleusmaleficarum.org[/url]

edited for link
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By questioning any part of Catholic belief, one was branded a heretic in centuries past... You could always drag out the Malleus Maleficarum... The Catholic 'glory days'...[;)]
View Quote

Sounds anti-Catholic to me. Abolish DarkStar too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I was branded a heretic when I was a kid.  I was stripped naked and whipped until I bled.
Lesson learned: Don't mess around saying outlines of South America and Africa look like they were together at one time.  Msgr. Campbell does not approve of such heresy.

This was in a public school in Chicago in 1949.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeez marsh, same damn thing happened to me. Different school, different time, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Me, too, only a few years later.

Little did I know, Alfred Wegener was half a century ahead of me.  Problem was, his heretic ideas were ridiculed by some of the (earth science) priesthood, and ignored by most of the rest until the last third of the century.

We were all right. Unfortunately, the herd often favors dogma over imagination.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#10]
And people talk about the "good ol days" when kids were good!  Well, it looks like independent thought and intelligence was frowned upon.  Now, there's a lack of independent thought because its no longer rebellious!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top