Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2010 9:05:50 PM EDT
I hate Verizon, they came from the ashes of the most evil phone company I ever dealt with GTE.

That being said, I had Verizon DSL for over 10 years up here in Washington and never had a problem.

Cable internet up here where I am sucks, so it's Frontier for high speed or else dial up or DTV internet.

Verizon got out of the telco biz up here in the PNW in July, service has been OK since then.

I expected a couple of hiccups during the transition.

For the past week my internet connection has been shutting itself off when I am idle.

In the time it's going to take me to finish this I will have to refresh the connection.

It's like they are throttling my connection when it's idle.

High speed stuff, streaming video, YouTube, that too is affected.
A few minutes and it's dead.

I tried to call last night, I was put into an endless loop of press button, please wait, press button, please wait.
I have Googled this problem up and found nadda in my area.

Anyone else having this type of a problem?

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Frontier too and have had similar problems. I notice it mostly when I'm downloading large files , streaming, or using mIRC. My DSL router will lose the connection and reconnect in about a minute.  Some days it works just fine and other days it'll drop the connection 10-15 times. I have it happen with youtube videos too occasionally. I did try talking to their tech support about it once and they said it was a problem with the line. So they came out and installed a new line in the ground from the house to the telephone box but the problem never went away.  

Frontier blows. If I had another ISP in the area I would switch but they are currently the only one around. I went from $25/month (new customer rate) @ 3 Mbps to now, 2 years later,  at around 1 Mbps for $40/month. The problem for me appeared about a year ago so I'm not sure wtf they have done since then to cause it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The bastards finally got tired of me calling.

I also sent an email to every Frontier email address I could find and I sent a registered certified delivery confirmation letter to the president of the company
I made sure I worked the words "shit-stain", fuck-tard into the emails / letter.

So I have a service tech come out to the house today, first thing he wants to do is fiddle fuck with my computer.
I tell him no fucking way, I want him to check the lines from my house to his server.

He does his thing, about an hour later he comes back and tells me that there "seems" to be an issue with the line going to my house.
His guess is that since it's getting "cold" the lines are contracting and that's what is causing the issue.

He gives me his phone number and tells me to call him when the internet drops off.

Since he left my internet connection has dropped off twice in three hours.
And, come to find out that my land line is also dropping out - that's how I was going to call his service.

The phone and the DSL are on two separate lines coming into the house, the problem is on YOUR end Frontier.  

Fucking mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had problems with Frontier as well. I've noticed throttling of the speeds and I've had the modem just drop everything and reboot, even after being issued a brand new modem (which took a great deal of run around to get) and after using a different computer.

The local techs bust their asses to keep us happy, it is clear the problem is at Frontier corporate, both from a customer service as well as a technolgical stand point.

I'm still happier with Frontier than Charter Cable...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top