Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 8:05:10 AM EDT
[url]http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/04/19/loc_bronson_vine_street.html[/url]

Do you suppose there would be many national news stories if a mob of ~300 white people started pelting the cars of black people with rocks while yelling things like "get those Ni****s"?

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Stinks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Got kind of a theme going with your recent posts, there, Al.  Wanna tell us about it?

To wit:

"Racial Hypocracy in the Media"

"South Africans rape babies in hopes of aids cure."

"Life As A BlackMan the Game"

That, and the joyful little symbol in this thread:  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=107299[/url]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Just commenting on the news headlines the I've noticed in the last few days. That and I'm a big ol mean racist.

The symbol in that thread was meant as sarcasm. Did you watch the flash video that was the subject of that thread. If I were to post a thread with subject "White Power, :)" (there's a smily so it's ok right?) and the contents would be an mp3 of the latest white power punk hate rock song how long do you think it would take for the thread to be locked? I was surprised it wasn't locked because of the picture it linked in. I guess it shows that there is a little more sense here than in the general public. We can tell the difference between racial jokes and true hatred.

My biggest gripe on this subject is the double standard. It's ok for minorities to do all sorts of things that I, as I white man, can't really get away with.

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Facts  are  facts. I thought this forum was for the exchange of information on any topic?  If you don't like the topic, you shouldn't read it. Who elected you "Topic Policman"?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah and he is not even a paying member, some people.hehehe
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Regardless of what media coverage you get, or what color you are, street trash is street trash.  
I'm sorry that whites are held to a higher standard than others, and I agree it's not fair.  But most people I associate with(regardless of ethnicity) are people of character.  They don't go around pelting cars with rocks or garbage.  And we're a little stuck up to go into a neighborhood where they would behave that way.
I'm not trying to cap on anybody or call anyone a racist.  But I am vain enough to say most of us are better than those people, because we wouldn't behave that way.  And it's definitely time to stop empowering people from acting like idiots because of race, I just don't know how to do it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
If, by this and other recent threads, AlClenin is pointing out that a black U.S. population of about 11% is responsible for a disproportionatley higher crime rate – I find it hard to understand how anyone could disagree with him.

If AlClenin is also suggesting that the pendulum has swung far too far, and that the racial slurs generated by the "black community" and its rap heroes against the "white community" would not be tolerated if the situation were reversed – and would in fact, be far more widely reported in the national media – then I also agree.

Furhmore, if AlClenin is making the observation that the above is not reflected in the national media, then, I would say that AlClenin is undeniably correct. And I for one am heartily sick and tired of people bending over backwards to ignore, deny or excuse it!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#8]
When people are held to different standards they get pissed.  Black, White, Yellow, Red, whatever.

I'm getting pissed at what 'they' (blacks) are getting away with and the higher standards 'we' (whites) are being held to.  The media lives on this sh*t.  Enough is enough...[puke]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for posting the story.  I think its important for people to understand that racism is not a one way street.  Personally, I would have run those mutherfuckers down, then backed over them to make sure they didn't harm anyone else.  Godamn disgusting what they get away with, but I guess the cops know they'll get the black bastards eventually for rape, murder or assault. (Or any number of other crimes)
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
AlClenin,

Although I wholeheartedly agree with the issues you raise in this particular thread, I wish to make it clear that I exclude myself from your "White Race – World Order" – or whatever – post you made on a similar, recent thread.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AlClenin,

Although I wholeheartedly agree with the issues you raise in this particular thread, I wish to make it clear that I exclude myself from your "White Race – World Order" – or whatever – post you made on a similar, recent thread.
View Quote

The one linked above? I posted that in as much seriousness as the orignal thread author posted the "asian pride" video. I think the aryan nation crowd is made up of a bunch of pinhead idiots.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Then I apologize. St-Cyr
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AlClenin,

View Quote

The one linked above? I posted that in as much seriousness as the orignal thread author posted the "asian pride" video. I think the aryan nation crowd is made up of a bunch of pinhead idiots.
View Quote

Then we'd certainly agree on that, if not other things.  My apologies if I've misread your intentions here.

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url=http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?isbn=0895261901]Bias[/url] by Bernard Goldberg. [:D]
View Quote

Hey, cool, found another one:
[url=http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?pid=1893554287]Coloring the News[/url] by William McGowan. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#16]
It's here as well,

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=110275&page=3[/url]

This is what I was hoping would happen. The thread is locked as soon as the N word is used. No complaints about "you bunch of f***ing rednecks". To be fair, he did say he locked it because of the actions of "both sides".

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Minute I saw you use that word I knew that topic was cooked. [:D]  It is funny how it works that way.

Seriously though, perhaps it is best to not deal from the bottom of the deck with such racial slurs. That word has never been one that I have had any fondness for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to rain on your parade Al, but when I hear the term Redneck, I think of folks who go out and work their asses off all day, then party like wild men all night. Folks who still believe in a code of honor and loyalty that's becoming extinct.

That's what I think of when I hear the term Redneck.  What do you think of when you hear the N word??
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#19]
You must be white then. Redneck doesn't bother you. It's like when black folk call each other N*****. It doesn't really bother me either.

It is pretty hard to get into an argument about race issues without being called "ingorant hillbilly redneck white trash trailer trash" or something similar.

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, that's me. I'm so white that I almost glow in the dark, but it still amazes me how so many people judge a person's worth by the color of their skin rather than their character. I've had black friends that I'd trust with my life, and I've had white folks I wouldn't trust for a second.  I hate racism no matter what color it comes in.

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Just so we are clear here, Don, the AR15.com standard is what? Are there any anti-white racial slurs that are off limits, or are they all fine and dandy, because you are not offended...
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Yup, blacks may be disproportionately responsible for crime (even when you adjust for the significant proportion of racist white cops/judges who arrest/convict blacks more than whites).

Yup, the media may be under-reporting black racism. (The media is mostly white, so this is a good example of white people doing their jobs poorly.)

Yup, racist rap music is tolerated. Would you want to outlaw protected speech? I wouldn't. You can always ignore it, or boycott it, or criticize it.

Whites who aren't racist can keep their integrity while they complain about black racists; but whites who themselves practice racism don't have a leg to stand on when they complain about black racists.

If white racists learned to control themselves, then only black racists would be left, and the media would have a harder time picking on whites.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Kill the F'ing Honkies!

(Sorry, just couldn't help myself!)
[devil]

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Shooter69, you bring up an interesting point. I guess it's just easier for white folks to deal with anti-white slurs, because we've always been the ones sitting on top of the heap.
 Thanks for giving my something to think about.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#25]
That was dumb of me to throw the term "redneck" into the other thread. I didn't mean that I don't like whites. All I meant was that I don't respect white racists.

If "redneck" just means truck-driving, gun-shooting, beer-drinking, strip-club-going white person, then my neck is entirely red.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kill the F'ing Honkies!

(Sorry, just couldn't help myself!)
[devil]

View Quote

Do it for the Children!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If white racists learned to control themselves, then only black racists would be left, and the media would have a harder time picking on whites.
View Quote

Aha, so the responsibility for change lies with us... as always. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shooter69, you bring up an interesting point. I guess it's just easier for white folks to deal with anti-white slurs, because we've always been the ones sitting on top of the heap.
View Quote

So I'll take it then that the answer to my question was "no". You're saying it's a situational thing. Being part of the "controlling race" it's okay to call us names (e.g. "White trash hick dirtbag Confederate scum"), because we are thick skinned and shrug it off easily. Others are more vulnerable, however, and must be protected from the excesses of the unsympathetic. Thanks for clearing that up. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/burnout.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Aha, so the responsibility for change lies with us... as always. [:D]
View Quote

No, I didn't say anything about responsibility. I'm talking about opportunity. Whites have the opportunity to stop acting racist, leaving the media with less fuel.

If I could change my original post, it would say: [b]Darn white racists![/b] You all are HALF the problem!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Did you know that for the first time last year (contrary to popular opinion) blacks made up the majority of the welfare recieving population. I for one resent the hell out of that. I resent it no more and no less than the sorry ass white boys who are sitting on their asses. However that is one hell of an accomplishment for such a small percentage of the population.

If you follow that logically you will realize that this means that a far larger percentage of the black population is living off of welfare than the percentage of the white population. This might very well cause resentment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I hate welfare. I blame the legislators (mostly white) and the voters (mostly white).
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hate welfare. I blame the legislators (mostly white) and the voters (mostly white).
View Quote

Can't argue that point. We are to blame by and large for our own problems here (referrring to welfare). My point is the same, the disproportionately large number of blacks on welfare is rediculous.

The attitude that whites owe them something turns my stomach. I heard this sh!t for 4 years at the inner city/majority minority school I attended. This attitude might be adding to the resentment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The attitude that whites owe them something turns my stomach. I heard this sh!t for 4 years at the inner city/majority minority school I attended. This attitude might be adding to the resentment.
View Quote
I went to school in California during the height of political correctness ('89-'93), and I came up against a lot of white-bashing, it was pretty hard to take.

Then in NYC I got mugged by 4 black guys and on another occasion got the living crap beaten out of me by a racist black guy. But as a train-car full of white people stayed in their seats watching my head get kicked, it was a black stranger who saved my life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top