Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 4:38:43 AM EDT
See the link for the story: [url]http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/2241172.html[/url]

Something that does not happen in my neck of the woods too often. Sad. [:(]

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like another politicians son murdered a girl and he get's a light sentence.

but I like this part:

Steve Lorenz, director of Hibbing Community College's law enforcement training program, said a "cardinal rule" of firearms safety is that you never point a gun at something you don't intend to shoot.

Another rule, he said, is that guns should be unloaded unless they have a trigger lock or are kept in an approved lock box.

if it has a trigger lock you can keep it loaded?  sounds like the blind leading the blind.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
What an idiot.

"The witness and Lessard said he pointed his 10-millimeter Glock pistol at Aho at her request, after she said she wanted a "dramatic photo," the complaint said."

Guess what happens next...

"Aho, an Itasca Community College student from nearby Cohasset, was hit in the left eye and died, police said. Another photography student, a friend of both Aho and Lessard, witnessed the shooting and told police that when she tried to call 911, Lessard took away her cell phone.

Lessard told investigators that he sent the witness to his bedroom while he moved the body from his living room to his kitchen entryway, threw his gun on the ground outside and used the telephone to try to call a police officer friend before driving away."

So, the suspect prevents a witness from calling 911, tampers with the evidence, and flees the scene of the crime.  But the local police chief says "he doesn't believe Lessard was trying to evade the law." [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The way that the article is written, it makes this tragedy sound like the Glock "just went off" as he was raising the pistol.

Maybe it was mechanical...Sounds to me that there was a "loose nut" on the end of the grip.[rolleyes]

Ah, yes...yet another politician's relative causing problems. Let's see how quickly this story goes away, and how quickly this kid gets out of the clink.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Yet another spoiled Minnesota kid.

Unfortunately, his father is a powerful long time pro-hunting, pro-gun politician.  The father recently switched from the Democratic Party to the Independent Party.  As I recall he was instrumental in trying to help pass CCW recently.  The news said that he is a good guy with a good sense of humor.

Very sad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Everybody knows Glocks have hair triggers and have a tendency to just go off. [rolleyes]
Another sad case of idiot with gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I have met both Sen. Lessard and his son. Sen. Lessard is very pro gun. It is rumored that the son was a wanna be cop or what we would call a Mall Ninja. He really fu*ked up. I can't believe the stupidity.

[:O][:(!][V]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I simply do not understand how people can be so cavalier about firearms.  He should have checked and double-checked that it wasn't loaded.

Then he shoots the girl and keeps the friend from calling 911?  This turd is a real piece of work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top