BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/14/2010 7:23:47 PM EDT
Meet your new god, children.

Must have

Bout time they got some new models out there.
FWIW, avoid the models that are not made in USA like the plauge.

Entire lineup

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like any old walmart boot
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Being sexual aroused by footwear can only mean one thing......
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Except they're made here by Danner.

Makes a difference.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Speak to me, child

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Except they're made here by Danner.

Makes a difference.

Absolutely. I got some Danner Elk Hunters probably 12 years go. Still holding up perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speak to me, child

They are pricey. Cant they get some sweatshop in China to make the same boot for less money? I have several pairs of Danners, some from China and they are ok.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I like buying american as much as the next guy... but there are better $300 boots on the market.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speak to me, child

They are pricey. Cant they get some sweatshop in China to make the same boot for less money? I have several pairs of Danners, some from China and they are ok.  

Over the years, I have owned 5 danner models. 2 were China made, and were complete garbage. Honetly, I have had $40 knock offs that were a damn site better. No shit, I went through 3 pair of the same model. Stitching was comming out within a week, and would only stay waterproof for a month. Soles comming off, ect. No good came of them.  Now, im not saying that you cant get a decent pair of boots from a sweatshop. All BS aside, its DAMN HARD to find a more comfortable boot than a $100 pair of Dr Martens, and they hold up reasonably well.

I can make boots last a loooong time. IF they are quality from the start.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Die hard Danner fan here.  I have three pairs of their hiking boots and two pairs of their (now discontinued) Edgewood loafer line.  Always good to see a US company making stuff here on our shores.  But their MSRPs are rapidly getting out of reach of Joe Sixpack ... MSRP of $300 for their Mountain Light II in black???   I'm glad I bought my US made Danners years ago but I am losing hope that the average Joe or Jane Sixpack will be able to "buy American" at those prices.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like buying american as much as the next guy... but there are better $300 boots on the market.

I wont argue with that. IMO, A $200 pair of Redwings is still a DAMN good boot. All Bs aside, my Redwings hold up every bit as well as my Danners. Its just that Danners make the models with the features that I want. I dont mind paying more for that.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Do they not make any pull-on boots?

I don't like lace-ups...
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Die hard Danner fan here.  I have three pairs of their hiking boots and two pairs of their (now discontinued) Edgewood loafer line.  Always good to see a US company making stuff here on our shores.  But their MSRPs are rapidly getting out of reach of Joe Sixpack ... MSRP of $300 for their Mountain Light II in black???   I'm glad I bought my US made Danners years ago but I am losing hope that the average Joe or Jane Sixpack will be able to "buy American" at those prices.  

Never buy Danners from Danner. Check out Vanderbilts.com.

What Danner sells for $300 will go for $260 there. Bying directly from the MFG is always high.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a pair of Gortex combat boots, they never broke in and are still uncomfortable to this day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow I bought a pair of Mountain Light II for $200 shipped new just 6 months ago. I guess inflation has gotten out of control, or that non-tactical brown comes with a discount :).
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never buy Danners from Danner. Check out Vanderbilts.com.

What Danner sells for $300 will go for $260 there. Bying directly from the MFG is always high.

Oh yeah, I agree with you there.  However, I purchased all my Danners about 10 years ago.  Each pair of my Danners (Explorer, Patrol, Blackhawk II) were less than $200, shipped.  I bought my Patrol boots from Gall's (and we all know Gall's is NOT cheap) for $180 back in the day.  The others were purchased from newenglandshoe.com (may they rest in peace).  Just making the observation that the price of US made Danners is rapidly skyrocketing, nothing more.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I prefer to get my danners compliments of the US tax payer. (USAF)

I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the less than 50% of Americans that paid for my Desert Acadias!
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I like Asolo hiking boots. They aren't work boots but they hold up really nice. I have a pair that looks new after 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ditto same here. I have a pair of all-leather Mtn LIghts that I bought years ago. The problem is that the cost of doing business in the US has increased tremendously. Wait until BHO's health care reform hits full force. There will be much more manufacturing moved to the PRC.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meet your new god, children.

Must have

Bout time they got some new models out there.
FWIW, avoid the models that are not made in USA like the plauge.

Entire lineup

They got a shit load of boot styles.                  
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#23]
What's a good overall SHTF Danner boot style?
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Love my danners and looks like they are bringing back an old style that I love.  Here are my originals.  I had the "recrafted" by danner about a year ago.  I've had these boots since 1992.

Before recrafting (about 17 years old)

After recrafting:

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a pair of the Combat Hikers...nice boots.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mountain Light II

http://www.danner.com/mountain-lighttm-ii-mens-womens-hiking-boots.html

On pair #2 over ~20 years - though my first pair wasn't a II, but the original.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I have had my Arcadias for over a decade now.  Great boots.

Had some Chinese Danners, and they didn't last 12 months.  Fortunately Bass Pro took them back.  Chinese is Chinese.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mountain Light II

Good looking boot. Looking for something a little higher on the ankle. I think.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#30]
when the new pair of danners i got last years wears out after half a decade or so Ill probably get yet another pair.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Always liked the Fort Lewis boots. Never been willing to spend the cash on a pair though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mountain Light II

Yeah , I like the look of those , the brown ones , alot . A bit pricey , but with boots anymore , you get what ya pay for.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#33]
They look like what I left in the toilet a few hours ago
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#34]
i've often wished they made a low cut version of the mtn light - essentially a shoe. i've even thought about seeing if they'd do it as a custom job. that light tan might be just enough reason for me to give them call.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Always liked the Fort Lewis boots. Never been willing to spend the cash on a pair though.

Got a pair. My god, they're heavy. Comfy and warm and stay dry. But they're heavy.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I have 4 pairs of Danner's.  My Rain Forest ones are at least 12 years old.  Still going strong.  Definitely worth the $$$.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#37]
FUCK ME they have gone up.  I LOVE Danner products but man the Acadias at a $300 price point is crazy.  I understand the reasoning behind it and everything has gone up but they wont survive selling boots at that higher price, just puts it too far out of the price range for most people.  

And I'm die hard Danner fan, I've owned  3 pairs of Acadias and a Expedition boot.  The Acadias are my daily wear now for 8 years.  I bust down Acadias about every 3 years or so with 3-4  resoles in between.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#38]
FUCK ME they have gone up.  I LOVE Danner products but man the Acadias at a $300 price point is crazy.  I understand the reasoning behind it and everything has gone up but they wont survive selling boots at that higher price, just puts it too far out of the price range for most people.  

And I'm die hard Danner fan, I've owned  3 pairs of Acadias and a Expedition boot.  The Acadias are my daily wear now for 8 years.  I bust down Acadias about every 3 years or so with 3-4  resoles in between.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a pair. My god, they're heavy. Comfy and warm and stay dry. But they're heavy.
The "stitch down" construction has a price over the PRC-made molded soles. It adds ~10-15% more weight to the boot, and that will feel like double since it is at the end of your leg. And it also requires breaking it. For me I just "hike" in the local shopping mall, great place to break in a shoe, and oogle at the girls.

I never regret spending the extra bucks for the Mtn Light.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I guess I am missing something, I like my made in USA Redwings, the only issue I ever had with them is that they are expensive at $150-200 a pair. Any way you slice it, they are boots, and good value or not, I can't say I ever got sexually excited over a pair of work boots. If this were a thread about womens wearing heels, or even high heeled boots I could see some fappage, but this is just crazy talk.
If you spend a lot of time in them, you will get really excited over a comfy pair. If your feet are cold and wet, or is painful, your life can be pretty miserable.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Danner® Marine Temperate Mens/Womens Military Boots.

Here

Or

Desert TFX® Rough-Out GTX® Military Boots.

Here
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:29:41 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a pair of nearly new (1-2 months old) Merrells blow out on me in Egypt in 2004, and a pair of Oakley assault boots come apart on me in the heat in Iraq in 2009.

Lesson learned: I buy boots with stitched soles, not glued. Favorites are Danners and Asolos.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:54:10 AM EDT
[#44]
I have these being delivered today UPS, I purchased from Danner as they have in stock what I wanted and the shipping was only $20.00 for 2-day air, free for standard shipping. I looked around and most prices where only 10-20 bucks cheaper but I needed 12.5 4E and most sites had to order them.

Behold my new winter sneakers!
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

NOT Danner, but I have had good luck with other Matterhorn boots.  For severe conditions, go with these

With a steel toe and steel floorplate, they offer excellent protection for your feet.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 2:57:17 AM EDT
[#46]
LOVE my danners. They are the best set of boots that I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone have a coupon code for Danner? Looking for a new pair for field work. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 3:00:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Good boots should be bought like good optics.

Also, there is some maintinance involved in leather.  Treat them well and they will treat you well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 3:52:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Collectible boots.

Really?

Maybe these are the Chris Mathews signature edition leg-humper boots?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 4:11:42 AM EDT
[#50]
oh hey look...the official footwear of our overlords:

http://www.danner.com/boots/powerlinetm-plain-toe-200g-work-boots.html
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top