Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 4:55:17 PM EDT
My neighbor wants to give me a glock 22,   He was convicted of domestic vilonce and can no longer have it.

No money will change hands,  the pistol is in my safe now as I’ve been holding it for him since this started.

I know since I live in Kalifornia it will have to be registered to me,  do I have to go through a FFL ( and get ripped off on the transfer fee ) or can I just provide my name and his to the DOJ and be done with it.

It pays to be a good neighbor!!!

Charlie

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You must use an FFL.

If you think the transfer fee is too much to pay to get a Glock, let me have it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/sb950frm.pdf[/url]

DROS is $20.00
Trans fee is $10.00
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Operatorerror,  sorry just trying to be a cheap bastard

Noname,   Thanks,  there is some criptic stuff in them thar pages. ( like I was suprized at that )

Any body no a good FFL anywhere near San Jose?

Charlie

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
[URL=http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp]Gun Broker FFL Dealer Locator[/URL] is an on-line listing of literally thousands of FFLs. Entering your zip code brings up all the FFLs in your area.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Be careful when using Norm at M&N.  Been through a couple dealings with him that were not purely up and up.  

There is Sportsmen's Supply in Cambell.  Never been there but I think they are a big store.  In their newspaper ad last week they were selling stock M1As for $1150, which is darned cheap for California.  I woulda bought one but this is the year of the pistol for me.

Congrats on the free G22. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The most that a dealer can charge for a private party transfer is $10.00 plus the DROS fee to the state (currently $20.00).  The total amount should not exceed $30.00.  Some dealers will try and charge a "storage fee" for holding the firearm during the 10 day waiting period. This is not a legal fee according to the California DOJ.  You must have a basic firearms safety certificate (BFSC) or be in one of the exempt catagories.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top