Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 1:03:25 PM EDT
I don't mind you locking the thread. Oilhead can still read it. Unfortunately he won't be able to reply and I have no interest in emailing him.

When these things happen I prefer to do it in the open, that way everyone knows who is who and where they are coming from. Sometimes it works against me, but it is honest.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I didn't approach the situation in the right manner.
It would seem from the outside looking in, that your posts seem to revolve around religion because you like to "stir the pot" just for kicks and since everyone that is "religious" knows your stance and that seems to fuel the fire.

I don't have a problem with anyone that chooses not to be religious. I myself do now care about religion, but when someone starts posting negative comments about religion and beliefs just to get under people's skin it upsets my apple cart (if you will).

Lets be honest, you've been on a mission to slander and slam anyone that has "religious" beliefs and it's been obvious to many other board members.

All I ask is you give it a rest. It gets old, really.

I'm going to leave you alone and will stick to my....how did you say it....garage sale contributions.

Flame on if that's what cranks your tractor...I'm out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe I didn't approach the situation in the right manner.
It would seem from the outside looking in, that your posts seem to revolve around religion because you like to "stir the pot" just for kicks and since everyone that is "religious" knows your stance and that seems to fuel the fire.
View Quote

I stir the pot on quite a few varied topics.

Quoted:
I don't have a problem with anyone that chooses not to be religious. I myself do now care about religion, but when someone starts posting negative comments about religion and beliefs just to get under people's skin it upsets my apple cart (if you will).
View Quote

Know how you feel, I get the same way when people post about me.

Quoted:
Lets be honest, you've been on a mission to slander and slam anyone that has "religious" beliefs and it's been obvious to many other board members.
View Quote

Actually NOT true. There are oodles of religious posts here that are not "fair game." It is only when those posts ALSO carry a agenda that I feel the need to reply. If I challenged EVERY religious post I would have 3x the post count of ETH.

True I poke fun at many things, like grown ups who believe in the devil. I just find that absurd. Plus I dislike the way it offers the chance to avoid accountibility. I also like people who try and restrict/control me because of "their" beliefs.

But religion is far from my "pet" topic. It is just one, like BOTD, that everyone paid attention too. Feel free to do a user search of all of my posts for 9 months. You will see a wide variety of topics, many which went unnoticed for the most part because they were NOT controversial.

Quoted:
All I ask is you give it a rest. It gets old, really.
View Quote

Don't click on the topic. If NOBODY cares or agrees it will be on page 20 pretty fast.

Quoted:
I'm going to leave you alone and will stick to my....how did you say it....garage sale contributions.
View Quote

Shame that criticism of me is all you brought to the forum. You are probably knowledgeable about firearms given the fact that you seem to deal in them frequently.

Quoted:
Flame on if that's what cranks your tractor...I'm out.
View Quote

I usually don't initiate flames, but only reply to them. And only when warranted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually a bucket of shit doesn't stink unless somebody stirs it.  Put your stick away and let it go Steyr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top