Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 10:46:28 AM EDT
Sporting guns, self-defense, collectors, hunting...all verboten, come January

COMMUNIQUE

Le gouvernement actuel, et plus précisément le ministère de la DLPAJ, vient de mettre en place la mort annoncée de l'industrie
armurière ainsi que du tir sportif, de la chasse et de la collection en France. Les mesures annoncées sont la suppression de la 1ère
catégorie avec 2 options : caducité au renouvellement ou caducité en janvier 2003. Les 4ème catégories seront limitées à 6 ( 2
centrales et 4 annulaires ) d'autres mesures restrictives suivent, certaines concernent les chasseurs. M. JOSPIN, lui-même va nous
l'annoncer cet après midi en conférence de presse.

Ces mesures discriminatoires et anticonstitutionnelles quant au droit de propriété viennent s'ajouter à l'avalanche de textes tout
aussi inadaptés que non appliqués. Depuis 1995, nous avons vécu, dans la sérénité et le respect, de nombreuses modifications et
contraintes pour pouvoir continuer à pratiquer notre sport. Nous avons toujours suivi scrupuleusement les consignes en espérant
pouvoir, un jour, profiter sereinement de notre passion. A l'évidence, nos dirigeants ( sachant, eux, ce qui est bon pour nous... )
ont décidé, pour masquer leur manque de rigueur et  pour cacher le manque de moyens mis en oeuvre pour appliquer les textes
existants, de frapper encore une fois le citoyen respectueux et de laisser courir, voire  de libérer, le contrevenant. La confiance
en nos dirigeants n'est plus et il nous est légitime de penser que cette  spoliation ne s'arrêtera pas en si bon chemin.

Nous disons  qu'il est temps, aujourd'hui, alors qu'on nous demande notre avis sur l'avenir de notre pays, d'exprimer notre colère
et notre indignation par l'intermédiaire de la  seule arme que l'on ne pourra pas nous retirer : notre bulletin de vote.
Demain, il sera trop tard. Les textes se préparent à l'ombre des ministères, élaborés par des fonctionnaires noyautés par le lobby
anti-armes. Ces personnes, rappelez-vous, seront les mêmes en place. Après les élections, seule une majorité politique favorable
pourra influer sur leur travail.  Il est temps d'interpeller vos députés et d'exprimer votre voix, nos beaux jours sont comptés...
Il est temps plus que jamais de s'unir et faire échec à cette politique totalitaire ayant des réminiscences de 1940....

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Babelfish translation (I don't speak French)

the current government, and more precisely the ministry for the DLPAJ, has just set up the announced death of industry armurière as well as sporting shooting, hunting and collection in France. Announced measurements are the suppression of the ßt category with 2 options: nullity with the renewal or nullity in January 2003. The 4th categories will be limited to 6 (2 power stations and 4 annular) of other restrictive measurements follow, some relate to the hunters. Mr. JOSPIN, itself will announce it to us this after midday in press conference. These discriminatory and anticonstitutional measurements as for the right of ownership come to be added to the avalanche of texts quite as unsuited as not applied. Since 1995, we lived, in serenity and the respect, of many modifications and forced to be able to continue to practise our sport. We always scrupulously followed the instructions while hoping to be able, one day, to sereinement benefit from our passion. **time-out** with the obviousness, our leader (know, them, what be good for we...) have decide, to mask their lack of rigour and to hide the lack of means put in work to apply the text existing, to strike once again the citizen respectful and to leave run, even to release, the contravener. **time-out** the confidence in our leader be more and it we be legitimate to think that this spoliation himself stop not in so good path. **time-out** we say that it be time, today, whereas one we ask our opinion on the future of our country, to express our anger and our indignation via the only weapon that one can not we withdraw: our ballot paper. Tomorrow, it will be too late. The texts prepare in the shade of the ministries, worked out by civils servant cored by the lobby anti-arm. These people, you recall, will be the same ones in place. After the elections, only a favorable political majority will be able to influence their work. It is time to challenge your deputies and to express your voice, our beautiful days are counted... **time-out** it be time more than never to himself link and make failure with this policy totalitarian have some reminiscence of 1940
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
My Son, a 16 year old Sophomore, was sent out into the hall the other day during his French class.  It appears that the teacher was going over French history and was showing what the French flag looked like.  My Son raised his hand and said, "Shouldn't it be all white?".  That did not go over too well.  Unfortunately, he got that from me.  It was funny though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My Son, a 16 year old Sophomore, was sent out into the hall the other day during his French class.  It appears that the teacher was going over French history and was showing what the French flag looked like.  My Son raised his hand and said, "Shouldn't it be all white?".  That did not go over too well.  Unfortunately, he got that from me.  It was funny though.
View Quote

Good thing I already finished my soda! That was tremendous.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
226man, tell your boy, good one!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
226man, I just shared that with my whole department...  Funny!  Hats of to your boy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#6]
226man: Being a member of a public school institution your comment....
Made my day! I shared it with some of the history teachers here and they had a good chuckle.

Problem is when a kid says it, we can't let them get away with it.

Av.

Edit: if he was only sent out to the hall, it seems the French teacher probably thought it was funny to. "Go out the hall" is something that some teachers use when a kid makes a funny smart-ass remark, but doesn't deserve any punishment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
better translation...

COMMUNICATE The current government, and more exactly the ministry of the DLPAJ, has just set up the death announced by the armurière industry as well as by the sports shot, by the hunting and by the collection in France. The announced measures are the abolition(deletion) of the 1st category with 2 options: decline in the renewal or the decline in January, 2003. 4th categories will be limited to 6 (2 power plants and 4 ring fingers) the other restrictive measures follow, some concern the hunters. Mr. JOSPIN, himself is going to announce it to us this after noon in press conference. These discriminatory and unconstitutional measures as for the right of property come to add to the avalanche of texts so unsuitable as not applied. Since 1995, we lived, in the serenity and the respect, numerous modifications and constraints to be able to continue to practise our sport. We always followed scrupulously the orders(deposits) by hoping to be able to, one day, to take advantage serenely of our passion. Obviously, our leaders (knowing, they, what is good for us) Decided, to mask their rigorous lack and to hide the lack of means implemented(operated) to apply the existing texts, to strike once again the respectful citizen and to let run(roam), even to free(release), the offender. The confidence in our leaders is not any more and it is justifiable us to think that this despoliation will not stop(arrest) in so good road. We say that he(it) is time, today, while we ask us for our opinion on the future of our country, to express our anger and our indignation through the only weapon that we cannot remove us: our ballot. Tomorrow, he(it) will be too late. Texts get ready in the shade of ministries, elaborated by civil servants infiltrated by the lobby anti-weapons. These persons, remember yourselves, will be the same place there. After the elections, only a favorable political majority can influence their work. (continued)
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
. Tomorrow, he(it) will be too late. Texts get ready in the shade of ministries, elaborated by civil servants infiltrated by the lobby anti-weapons. These persons, remember yourselves, will be the same place there. After the elections, only a favorable political majority can influence their work. It's time to call to your representatives and to express your voice(vote), our beautiful days are counted... It is necessary time more than ever to unite and to make failure(defeat) for this totalitarian politics(policy) having recollections of 1940....  

Sorry for the partial repeat... web bug.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFLMAO...now that was dam funny, brought tears to my eyes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top