Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 5:17:20 AM EDT
Yesterday my wife called me at work to let me know she was going to a Mary Kay party at a friends house - fine, no big deal - I assumed she'd pick up a few little things for $10-$15.  Well, turns out I was half right.  She DID only get a "few little things", but the price tag was $76.80!!  OUCH!!  How can a few little bottles of creamy tan goo cost that much???  I bet that if the truth were known, the imgredients in the "Mary Kay" product line are *EXACTLY* the same as the $2.95 crap you can buy at Wal-Mart.  Will someone please explain to me what makes this garbage so valuable???
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion its not the products.......ITS THE PARTY!

The ladies all get a chance to get away from their beer swilling hubbies for a few hours of "girl talk"

I for one do not begrudge my wife going to such affairs.....mind you I prefer it when she goes to the Fantasia parties!!!!
Wooooo HOOoooo
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Be glad, that's cheap.

My wife spends a lot more than that every trip to the Este Lauder counter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy some ammo to even things out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
"Mary Kay" is like Amway.

Get your wife away from it!

Or she'll have you selling it and wearing it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Consider yourself lucky.  My wife recently bought a new line of skin care products from Neiman Marcus.  The total was over $700.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Hee hee - my wife thinks Mary Kay is a famous construction company in Phoenix!  I laughed so hard on the way home from eating out the other night, I just couldnt tell her the truth....[whacko]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#9]
At least she hasn't found out about MAC or BCBG.

I myself have a hard habit of Origens skin care. That stuff will drain the ammo fund, quick!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Yes, my wife's make-up bill is scary also.

My wife without make-up is even more scary. [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top