Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2002 11:49:54 PM EDT
It has been 3 weeks since I first contracted the virus. My nose still runs and I now have a dry cough that won't go away.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I can say with certainty that you don't have the flu.  A virus probably, but not the flu.  Influenza only lasts a short time.  I've had symptoms of sickness last a month or more.  It just takes time to finally work it's way out of your system.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
About 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
For you it's permanent. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It has been 3 weeks since I first contracted the virus. My nose still runs and I now have a dry cough that won't go away.
View Quote

A lot of people around here (including me) had what sounds like the same thing.  The constant cough sucked.  Just when you think you're getting well... a nice coughing fit.  It lasted about a month.  

"endeavor to persevere"
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to get bronchitis every year following the flu or a major cold and it lasted up to 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I think its going around again. I have had sinus crap and now I have a gland swollen in my throat since last week. I go up and down! Im sick of it already! Good luck with yours. Drink plenty of liquids and stay on the site any harrass people it will make you feel better! [^]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Aren't the initial symptoms of anthrax pretty similar to flu??

Just a thought. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I blame it all on 50 caliber ammo cans. A killer virus from Iraq lurks inside them, I just know it.[X][[:)]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Imbro,

I have not done this and please read my sig line for the disclaimers, but I read that a warm coffee/canola oil enema will immediately stop all symptoms of pretty much everything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The family of a guy in my office had the flu for over a month before he came down with it.  After he'd had it for over a month without it going away he went to the Dr and found out he had walking pneumonia.  He then took his family in and one of his kids had it too.

I stil can't figure out why he waited so long to get himself adn his family checked out.  You'd think that a guy who works in a building that tested positive for anthrax a few months ago would take 'flu like symptoms' a little more seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top