Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 9:38:48 PM EDT
Make sure you have your speakers on.

[url]www.edrobertson.com/swat.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember the show well.  I liked the opening sequence where the black guy jumps through the window (you can hear the glass break in the theme at this link) and pops up over cover with his rifle.

Other stuff:  Real SWAT at that time was using primarily shotguns.  The TV SWAT used ARs because they were considered less "scary-looking" than shotguns.

I also remember the first episodes had lots of guns and shooting.  Great stuff, at least for TV.  And the whiners whined.  So shortly after that, they introduced more character development and lowered the violence and lowered the ratings too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top