Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 3:05:26 PM EDT
On US oil companies and their buisness with middle east states financing terrorism.
Subj: American Oil Companies and financing Terrorism  
Date: 4/17/2002 2:35:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time
To: [email protected]
CC: TOMEXE

You took a brave stand in your April 11 WND piece, to openly discuss what many have been afraid to talk about, namely the possibility of a world war between the Islamic countries and the West.

Now how bout taking another brave stand. Inform the American public what big business and I feel even this administration don't want them to know. That American oil companies pump millions of dollars into the coffers of Arab states by buying oil from them. Arab states that turn around and send paychecks to the families of suicide bombers.

Have your research people go over these US Department of Energy links and fact check them:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/data/summary.html
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/cli.html
also you might want to fact check this protest website: http://www.e-bski.org/special%20pages/oilcompanies.htm. They were the first to bring this up, but have come under attack here: http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm
You may also want to talk with this columnist from National Review: http://www.nationalreview.com/robbins/robbins041002.asp

Then announce on your show which companies in the US petroleum market buy the least amounts of oil from states that sponsor terrorism, Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia for the most part, so that the American public understands that they in fact DO have a choice in where they get their gasoline from and that the Arab states are not in total control of US oil. They are in fact MINOR players who can be replaced, without much dislocation in the US economy.

Someone has to break the wall, the American public is being deliberately misled here, there is some sort of arrangement being made. Otherwise I cannot figure out why the oil companies who do import the least Mid East oil have not been advertising this fact since last September?  They would make a killing? What has short circuited the normal competitive process here?  

Thank you

Thomas E. Peters
Circle City, AZ
[email protected]
View Quote

Feel free to borrow any or all of this if you wish. This man does pay attention to his mail. He has in the past done spots in response to letters from us Arizonans about the absence of border security down here... His record shows that he will do a segment on something if he gets enough E-mail, unlike other TV shows.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Great letter.  Will it get aired?  Probably not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's see how this goes:
1) American Oil companies pump dollars into Arab states
2)  Arab states take money and send paychecks to families of suicide bombers

Expanded:
1)  American oil companies are owned by shareholders many of whom are Americans
2)  American oil company products are bought by many Americans
3)  American Oil companies pump dollars into Arab states
4)  Arab states send paychecks to families of suicide bombers
Conclusion (?):  Americans finance suicide attacks against Americans

Have I got this right ?

Is Iran included in your list of countries ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep it Pithy!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Keep it Pithy!
View Quote

And "name and state, name and state."
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thomas, I have one question not related to your post, but why do you people in Arizona keep electing John Mc Cain?  He is as liberal as Tom Daschel.  He is as anit-gun as one can get.

I am just curious.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
blt
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let's see how this goes:
1) American Oil companies pump dollars into Arab states
2)  Arab states take money and send paychecks to families of suicide bombers

Expanded:
1)  American oil companies are owned by shareholders many of whom are Americans
2)  American oil company products are bought by many Americans
3)  American Oil companies pump dollars into Arab states
4)  Arab states send paychecks to families of suicide bombers
Conclusion (?):  Americans finance suicide attacks against Americans

Have I got this right ?

View Quote

[?]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great letter.  Will it get aired?  Probably not.
View Quote

I don't give a rat fuck about whether the letter gets aired, as long as he looks into the subject. I just think that someone with a good research staff needs to look into this. There is a lot of data on the USDOE websites- but its raw data. You have to rely on the summaries that they post. And whoever researches it needs a mass media outlet so people can actually do something with what they find.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[?]
View Quote

Paragraph 4, first sentance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[?]
View Quote

Paragraph 4, first sentance.
View Quote

My apologies.

Iran is not an Arab state.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top