Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 1:38:34 PM EDT
For those of us hooked on this great "reality TV" show, remember that the airtime tonight is one hour earlier. It wil lbe on at 2100 (EST) instead of 2200 (EST). Those of you in other time zones, please adjust accordingly...

Scott

;b

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
@$#^#%$@^ son of a @^#^#@%*&!!!!!

now I'll never get to see it!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks DScott, tonight is the season finale isn't it?

Vinnie dude, that is what VCR's are for!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
it's not an airtime change.

it's the 2 hour season finale.

9PM-11PM EST

rebroadcast at midnight on 18th and 19th.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
How can people get into this show? It's the WWF with firearms, nothing real about it. Not knocking the people who enjoy it, I think it is a decent concept if they could have kept it realistic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Woohoo! they had a repeat broadcast at Midnight.  What kind of crappy mag were they using?  Misused his weapon?  I think the SEAl was ripped off.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How can people get into this show? It's the WWF with firearms, nothing real about it. Not knocking the people who enjoy it, I think it is a decent concept if they could have kept it realistic.
View Quote

I don't follow you?  I thought they did a good job with simulations and obstcal courses. I missed the first few episodes, but I thought the differnt evolutions they did were ok.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Woohoo! they had a repeat broadcast at Midnight.  What kind of crappy mag were they using?  Misused his weapon?  I think the SEAl was ripped off.
View Quote

I agree.  It did NOT seem to me like he "abused the weapon"---the weapon was self-abusing.  The mags were POS junk and they blamed it on him to shut him up. I hope he sues them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#8]
It's strange, for the entire series they used standard 30rd metal mags.  Last night they used some clear plastic pos mags.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#9]
plastic magazines used:

[url]http://www.simunition.com/index.php?section_id=91[/url]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Simunitions magazines work fine. The conversion kit is a 9mm Oly upper, made to look just like a standard M4 upper. The mag is proprietary, but works fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#11]
It seemed that Jeff (SEAL) was the only one with the clear mags. WTF was up with that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:59:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Next time, they need to give them more than one mag, in case a mag fails.

Gotta admit, when an AR misfeeds, sometimes it's a bear to clear it. And yes, it's darned hard to seat a magazine if your bolt is closed; especially if it's full.

Liked the show, but disappointed to see it come down to this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#13]
That MILES gear sucks.

If they wan'ted REALISM, use PAINTBALL markers...in fact I bet some of the better paintball temas (pro) would wipe up some these operators.....I still watch, even though I end up yelling at the TV

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I think they were given the clear mags (all three had them BTW) because it was a live fire, no blanks, so the safety crew could visualy inspect.

I think the SEAL got ripped off. I think the guy that did the weapon inspection at the end was full of shit when he said "This weapon ruined." (or close to that). Or that "He wasn't seating the mag fully". From what I saw, the seal slapped the mag in fully SEVERAL times. Or when the weapon inspector opened up upper and lower and wiped his finger and said, "Look, it is filthly with brass shavings".

On hind sight, I would have hand fed a single round in at a time if it were me. Lock back bolt, point down, drop one round in, release bolt, fire. At least that way would have been able to try for the targets.

[edit]
I take back the Live fire, read the above web site. Now I don't understand why they didn't use live rounds? When they were given the weapons to test fire, they were shooting at plywood and punching holes. Wasn't that using live rounds? If so, why did they change to simunitions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top