Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 1:31:05 PM EDT
I got a call last night and it was a survey about gun control. I wasn't going to take it but I was curious. So they start asking questions like:

Has gun control legislation made you feel safer?

I answered no.

The women wouldn't tell me who this was for and said she didn't know. Other questions asked if I trusted my legislators, attorney general, or even clergy (all I could think of was Jesse Jackson) in preparing and enforcing gun laws. One of the questions referred to programs such as project exile.

The reason I am posting this is several questions were phrased in a gun un-friendly manner and I refused to give a answer. I don't know if this was a national survey or a state survey. If they call you, really listen to the questions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I should think every one of us SHOULD take these surveys.  If we don't, then they're gonna get the answers they WANT.  Our voices must be heard as often as possible.  

And if anyone gets the call, try to find out what organization is doing it.  I'd think they'd be required to tell you, but I'm not sure about that...

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has gun control legislation made you feel safer?

I answered no.
View Quote

The only problem I foresee is that a response like that might be construed to mean that existing legislation is insufficient and that we need [b]more[/b] gun control legislation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You're right! The wording of several questions were poor at best. I did actually refuse to answer a couple because they were worded in such a way it seems I was danmed no matter how I answered.

This is the reason for my post. I want folks to be aware of this or rather be on guard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top