Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2002 11:02:38 AM EDT
Senate Bill S.2089 is an amendment to Section 842 of title 18 of the U.S. Code to "To combat criminal misuse of explosives."  The part they want to change is this paragraph:

It shall be unlawful for any person - other than a licensee or permittee knowingly - to transport, ship, cause to be transported, or receive in interstate or foreign commerce any explosive materials, [red]except that a person who lawfully purchases explosive materials from a licensee in a State contiguous to the State in which the purchaser resides may ship, transport, or cause to be transported such explosive materials to the State in which he resides and may receive such explosive materials in the State in which he resides, if such transportation, shipment, or receipt is permitted by the law of the State in which he resides;[/red] or to distribute explosive materials to any person (other than a licensee or permittee) [red]who the distributor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in the State in which the distributor resides.[/red]

The red parts they want to do away with.  That means you can't buy reloading components (powder and primer) without a permit.

I f^*king HATE legislators.  You can thank Robert Toricelli (D-NJ) for this one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah too bad that Torencelli (can you say: MOB) guy didn't get indicted a few months ago, but oh well hardly anyone in the GOP has the balls to actually go after anyone on the otherside anymore....
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought I read a few months ago that all charges were dropped for lack of evidence or something BS like that. They could nail that guy to the wall by his balls but they don't because they don't want to cause any trouble or ruffle any feathers....
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First of all smokeless powder is a propellant, not an explosive.
View Quote

What does the DOT classify smokeless powder as?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Powder is hazard/class 1.4s per DOT shipping regulations.  Powder alone isn't an explosive, but when contained in a metal can it changes it's hazard class division to 1.4s
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think any of Toricelli's crap has ever passed. Anybody remember the onslaught of Anti-Gun legislation he proposed after 9/11. One of those was a law that would have made every last major part of firearm, require NICS, etc...It also would have made it illegal for anybody other than an FFL to work on a Firearm even for personal use.

Needless to say, that crap didn't pass. It is also unlikely that the current legislation will pass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Ummm, does this mean that I [u]can[/u] buy explosives right now? Cool[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top