Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 8:12:52 PM EDT
Can you put a pre ban high cap in a post ban AR
I have been reading dif opinions about this and i have to admit i am getting confused.
And please don't tell me to call the ATF,you can't get a strait answer anyway.
John
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You can.  Ignore the rantings of gun show attendees, gun shop employees, and the NRA.  There is nothing in the law that states that you can't.z
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless, of course if your state say's it's a no-no.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Certainly.  "Pre Ban" and "Post Ban" apply to magazines or rifles seperately.  You can use preban mags in a postban rifle, and postban mags in a preban rifle.

Preban or postban in rifles has nothing to do with the magazines you use with them - merely the fact that it can take a detachable box mag in the first place.  That being said, look for all the preban mags you can (they don't have a date, S/N, or "LEO Only" stamp on them) before you get stuck with 5/10 round PC mags...  It can help to have a maildrop or two!

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn.............are guns still Legal in New Jersey ?[;D]
View Quote

As if living with these bullshit laws is not enough,you have to rub salt in the wounds?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
beekeeper, I'm pretty sure he meant new manufacture 10 round mags, not new high capacity post-ban mags.  Am I right?

--ZERO
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top