Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 7:29:49 PM EDT
In your own experience, who are the most moral people, the zealots, those that balance church and secular society, the agnostic, the atheists?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Simple, God-fearing Christians. But I don't see that as a choice, so I pass.

Eric The(NotSoSimple)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll agree with that
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
This poll is hillarious as well as insulting.  Obviously this person views anyone who takes their faith seriously and lives by it as a "hardcore zealot"  SS109 you are obviously a gold lamais shoe wearing, Diane Feinstein type liberal.  You are the same type of person who calls anyone who is remotely conservative an "extreme, ultra right wing conservative."  I appreciate the polite responses of the previous replyees, but you obviously are biased and have an agenda in your poll.  I do not personally claim to be righteous, at least not on my own merit, however I also do not believe that religious people have the corner on morality.  It is possible to be moral and not adhere to religious faith, it is also possible to appear outwardly religious and be completely depraved.  I do believe that people who are genuine believers are moral, for the most part.  I think that you are just trying to stir up the religious morass this board has gotten itself into.  The wording of your poll certainly belies the fact that you are trying to offend.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You left out none of the above.

People are motivated bey their own self interest.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
at least you cant accuse atheists of hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

My sentiments exactly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I "tried" to do better for you guys...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=109645[/url]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes you can, were all hypocrites, Think about it, have you ever criticized someone about their beliefs or opinions? I'm sure we all have.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes you can, were all hypocrites, Think about it, have you ever criticized someone about their beliefs or opinions? I'm sure we all have.
View Quote

That doesn't make me a hypocrite; that makes me RIGHT.

Haha.

I say the spiritually inclined, but non-judgemental tend to be the most moral.

Edited to add:  Agnostics and Atheists cannot by definition be moral because morality is a religious construct.  The proper term to describe them would be "ethical."
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Definition of Zealot: One with intense enthusiasm or devotion.

That would not apply to your faith,ETH?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Definition of hardcore:  a militant or fiercly loyal faction.

I don't picture Mother Teresa as hardcore.  A zealot maybe, but not hardcore, not militant.  I think, if I may be so bold, that ETH's point was that the people who approach God more simply, more trustingly, more obediently, more like a child, are the ones that are the most moral.  Hardcore also has negative overtones, neutral at best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top