Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 5:59:02 PM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/16/teen.pilot.lawsuit/index.html[/url]

Apparently his acne medication made him fly the plane into the building. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Suing Big Acne!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, bloody Hell.  Patients under 18 are allowed a prescription ONLY after the parents READ and SIGN a notice of side-effects?  Who's to blame here?

Let me see, if my son get a scrip for something with side-effects (and acne is well combatted with Witch Hazel or Sea Breeze astringent, applied topically on a regular basis.  I know...) and I have to READ and SIGN a notice of side-effects, then is the FDA at fault for allowing the med to be used, is the doctor at fault for assigning the med, or is the company at fault for developing or releasing the med?  Answer - none of the above.  I READ the notice, I SIGNED it, and I had the opportunity to DENY the use of the med and seek another alternative...

What's wrong with people these days?

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Accutane does have very harse effects on the body.  It is very de-hydrating to the skin and nasal passages.  But claiming it causes mental side effects is absurd.  I guess he was so happy his acne was gone, he went ape sh**?
Bottom line is he was a traitor, and his traitor of a mother is trying to cover it up and make money off it.  Makes me sick.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

FFZ
View Quote

Didn't you get the memo?

We now live in the age of assigning blame to spare us the burden of responsibility.  

No self-respecting sheep would ever accept responsibility for something negative when there is someone else who can easily be laden with blame and draw attention away from it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
On the news, her attorney said that there was no trace of it in his blood because it collects in the brain.  Let's see now, an acne treatment accumulates in the brain.   Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FFZ
View Quote

Didn't you get the memo?

We now live in the age of assigning blame to spare us the burden of responsibility.  

No self-respecting sheep would ever accept responsibility for something negative when there is someone else who can easily be laden with blame and draw attention away from it.
View Quote

Yep, abdication of responsibility for one's own actions is almost considered a right these days.

Very sad.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The kid was of arabic descent (Surname Bishari changed to his mother's Bishop) and made his sympathies clear in his suicide letter. Sometimes things aren't very complicated.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She read the warnings, she signed the warnings.  Bank of America should be sueing HER for allowing her son to take those dangerous medications.[rolleyes]
View Quote

Right.  The owners of the building ought to sue the parents for cost of repairs.

But of course that would be 'evil' because it's okay for the individuals to take money from the 'big bad' companies, but it's not okay for a company to request money for repairs from the parents for raising an idiot son.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
My opinion is that the mother (she could be anyone's mother in this instance) simply cannot understand why her son did what he did.  She is trying to blame everything else because she cannot accept that her son could have been this disturbed.  In reality, I think most mothers would look for something--ANYTHING--to explain why their son did something like this.  I think this is normal--but where she has gone too far is acting upon this to the point where by using the legal system to make this whole thing more acceptable to her.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard about this and it made me want to puke.  I'm sure some asshole lawyer from the ACLU will take this case which is par for the course.

Instead of allowing this jerk's mother to file a lawsuit, we should be trying her ass!  I'm sick of this crap.  When are we going to stop being pushed around and make a stand?!  

Isn't anyone responsible for anything any more?  

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top