Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2001 7:54:58 PM EDT
Hey guys, I recently came accross a Preban CAR-15 and was wondering if the price is resonable or what price would be... heres the info

DPMS AR-15 (w/ telescoping stock)
16" Barrel
Flash Sup.
Bayo. Lug
(Forgot to check if anything else comes with it)
In great condidion, no scractes, barrel is in good shape, not even a mark on it. The guy is asking $1,950.00 Does this sound about right?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw an Oly in that configuration at a Crossroads show about 10 months ago. The guy was asking $2300. I think pre-bans pretty much sell for what the market will bear. The trick is, can he certify that it is a pre-ban? There are people out there that will put pre-ban parts on post-ban lowers and then pass said  firearm off as a pre-ban...bad ju-ju. I got lucky and had Andy Wilson of Oly Arms send me that info a couple of months before the fire.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends alot on the area of the country, but if you check out the equipment exchange area on the board, you can find much better deals.

Maybe thats a good price for your area, but it sounds a little high to me.

good luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Frankly that is a HORRIBLE price for a preban DPMS.  Friend of mine bought a preban DPMS for $800 at a shop near here a couple months ago. I regularly see them advertised online for around a grand.
Only preban AR that justifiably sells for the $2000 range is a Colt Government Carbine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That is twice the price of what it should be.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Danger - Danger Will Robinson!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The average price for a [b]NON[/b] Colt pre ban complete rifle is running arond $1000. I saw a complete pre ban PWA sell on Gun Broker a month or so ago for like $750! The prebans are coming down. There are better deals out there to be had. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The average price for a [b]NON[/b] Colt pre ban complete rifle is running arond $1000. I saw a complete pre ban PWA sell on Gun Broker a month or so ago for like $750! The prebans are coming down. There are better deals out there to be had. [:D] Milldude
View Quote

A few months ago I also bought a [b]VERY[/b] nice pre-ban PWA for $700.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
So how much should a pre-ban(verified) bushmaster NIB with a 11.5 barrel with 5.5 flash hider permanently attached go for? Sorry for hijacking your thread raven it might get you a few more replies though
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't mind... Hell if it helps me find a less expensive AR with the above features in maryland all the better! [:D]

Quoted:
So how much should a pre-ban(verified) bushmaster NIB with a 11.5 barrel with 5.5 flash hider permanently attached go for? Sorry for hijacking your thread raven it might get you a few more replies though
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
DPMS will verify for you if that gun left the factory as a pre-ban assembled rifle or not.  And the price is waaaaayyyyy too high.  Look around, you'll find a much better deal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably $12-1300.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd just like to thank everyone for replying.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I just picked up a pre-ban colt match h-bar in 99% condition for %1200.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#14]
"Junior Member" my ass. By whose standards. Must be 'cause I just enlisted...... again.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#15]
heh i got a colt sp1 for free from a friend that doenst like registeration

yeah prices depend on the stae of desperation when i was in Ca before there ban the price of a post or would it be a post and preban? anyway they where sleiing for like 2k  
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm hearing bad things about Olympic arms AR-15s. Seems they are having compatibility problems with replacemant parts requiring custom work to permit proper operation. Anyone have any input. I would like to pick one of these up but a little apprehensive.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I finally figured out I would not be able to out and out afford an AR so I bought parts. I put an Oly together for around $600 with a post ban collapsable stock and 16" barrel. Bought parts about every 2 weeks. The thing is tighter than any AR I have ever put my hands on. Only problem I did have was had to remove the finish from the ends of the hammer for it to rotate properly. Shot about 300 rounds through it today. Have not had a single problem with it at all. Seems OK to me.

Aviator

PS how long am I a "Junior Member" for? that name is giving me a complex. Hate to hear any word meaning small and member in my name  ;-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top