Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2002 2:56:05 PM EDT
Every once in awhile I get the urge to get out of this state, NJ.
Well it's that time again.
The area is packed, it sometimes takes me 20 minutes to drive less than a half a mile down the road. Prices here are so high its frustrating. In addition the only woman here that don't look like a square are young enough to be my daugthers. And to boot we have a governor who hates the private ownership of guns.
I have a good job in QA(computer software) but I would drive a cab to have a better more relaxed life.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I here ya...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, the demorat way. The law abiding pay for the sins of the scumbags.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
So.... you want to leave?  Why don't you?  Or at least put the feelers out.  I'm in process myself, but it took me a good 3 or 4 months of cruising web sites, classified ads, etc.

I know from experience the relocation process is a pain, but I'm trusting in the end it will be more than worth it.  There's gotta be a QA job somewhere in the free states with your name on it.  There is, after all, a whole lot of land between CA and NJ!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya'll are welcome in TN. Yankee season has been shortened to only 6 mos out of the year now!!! >gg<

Seriously, TN has a CCL law, no state income tax, lots of rivers, streams, mountains & hunting. Class 3 is legal, the state legislature is gun friendly & we voted down Gore for Bush even though Gore never lost an election previously!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I grew up in New Jersey. I left when I turned 18. I have lived all over the US and the best place to live...........is TEXAS! I carry a handgun most of the time CHL. I don't have to wait for a background check when buying a gun. And, there is no state income tax. Wages are lower but so are prices and you pay less income tax. It is hot in the summer so AC is a must. the people are very nice. Go ahead and move. Don't look back. John from Pine Brook
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Do a job search pronto and leave!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I grew up in New Jersey. I left when I turned 18. I have lived all over the US and the best place to live...........is TEXAS! I carry a handgun most of the time CHL. I don't have to wait for a background check when buying a gun. And, there is no state income tax. Wages are lower but so are prices and you pay less income tax. It is hot in the summer so AC is a must. the people are very nice. Go ahead and move. Don't look back. John from Pine Brook
View Quote

Glad you made it John.  Happy to have another ally living under the Lone Star.  Newman from Rockwall.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad you made it John.  Happy to have another ally living under the Lone Star.  Newman from Rockwall.
View Quote

NJ was asinine 30 years ago and only gets worse.  BTW, it gets hot there, too.  There are quite a few days in the Summer which are hotter than here in FL, and I'm sure in TX.

Speaking of crook politicians who make all this troublesome stuff happen, has the media there made anything of the nearly 8 to 1 ratio of campaign money Korzine spent vs. his opponent?  Somehow I think not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Move to PA.  Depending on where in NJ your job is at, you can probably keep the job and just have a slightly longer commute.  NJ is just spiraling down the shitter faster and faster.  At least you can own what you want in PA.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
My plan is to move when my youngest son has graduated HS next year.

dilbert - If you can tell me some of the sites you looked at it would be appreciated.

mushoot - I love Texas. A company I worked for years ago would send me there a few times a year. Met some of the nicest people and had a couple of long distance relationships with beautiful women.

shaggy - I work in NYC so the commute is way too much but I think I would have moved already if I could have commuted from PA.

Thanks for the replies. I am going to start looking seriously soon so if anyone has any info they'd like to pass it would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Nick -

I live in PA and worked in NYC for 4 years. 90 minute commute, door to door (15 minute drive to train station in Trenton, 60 minute trian ride (work, read paper, relax), 15 minute walk to the office if I dawdled, 8 minutes if I rushed). Worked at One Park (32nd and Park).

It can be done.

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
North Dakota, man.  Wide open spaces and cowboys. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Move on over to PA!

You'd be on the other side of the state from  me if you move and commute to your current job.  I'm sure you could find some ar15.commers to hang out with over that way.

I think I'm the only guy on the board who's from western PA north of Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#16]
PA gripes - Spring is about 4 weeks too late, no hunting with semi-autos, and we have the highest ratio of fat chicks in the nation.
 If you can deal with that, it's better than most places.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#17]
paspecops, you clearly have not seen the women in central Jersey. I am divorced and thus maked things a lot worse.

I'd like to know where you live DavidC because it seems as though that commute is just about the same if not better than the one I have now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Nick -

I live in Washington Crossing, PA, across the river from Ewing in NJ, near where I-95 crosses in to PA, just north of Trenton on the NJ side.

Great area, excellent schools, easy commute to NYC or Philly.

Drop me an email some time and we can meet up. I'll show you around and take you shooting with guns you can't buy in NJ [}:)]

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Greenacres is the place to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top