Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2002 2:37:40 PM EDT
Whoops, just when you think it's safe to slither out from under your rock - bang, elite IDF troops swoop down and whisk you off to the State of Israel for trial for murder!

[size=4]Israel Captures Fatah Commander Marwan Barghouti[/size=4]

Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti was arrested Monday evening by an elite IDF unit in Ramallah.

Barghouti was arrested at the house of a member of Arafat's Fatah group not far from Yasser Arafat's headquarters. After Israeli forces ordered him out with a loudspeaker, he reportedly left with his hands in the air.

Ra'anan Gissin, spokesman for Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, confirmed Barghouti's arrest in Ramallah, together with Ahmed Barghouti, his cousin and aide.

Military sources estimate that he will now stand trial in a military court.

Barghouti is considered one of the most important Palestinians wanted by Israel, but in the past has been immune from assassination because of his high media profile and senior position. He has often been mentioned as a potential successor to Arafat.

See remainder of article at:[url]http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2002/04/15/News/News.47021.html[/url]

Eric The(DoesTheName'Eichmann'RingABell?)Hun
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent!

Is he on any of OUR wanted lists by any chance??
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee, Eric. Isn't it funny that someone so quick to send someone else to their death for the sake of martyrdom was unwilling to do the same? Am I the only one who finds this amusing? What happened to all that blaze of glory crap they keep spouting?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Post from urodoji -
What happened to all that blaze of glory crap they keep spouting?
View Quote

Oh, the blaze is still there. It's just that these two POSs intend to only warm their hands in the fire, they don't wish to burn.

That might hurt!

Eric The(ButYouAreRight-ThereIsNoGlory!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I hope they gets time off for good behaviour. Perhaps a 7.62 NATO parole hearing is in order for the chap. I wish them the best, they'll need it when they get to the Pearly Gates and St. Peter says: "Dude, you guys got to be %@@^$#% kidding me."
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are some before and after pictures of this POS:

Before:[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020415/i/1018897021.2348908560.jpg[/img]

Before:[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020415/capt.1018894047.mideast_israel_palestinians_agaz103.jpg[/img]

After:[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020415/s/1018905549.2214764612.jpg[/img]

Boy, is that Arafat fellow looking sharp, or what?

Eric The(AFaceOnlyMizArafatCouldLove)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Gosh, Mr. TheHun. He doesn't look as big and bad when he's surrounded by infidels, does he. One would think he would fight to the death. I hope his prison fare consists largely of pork and beans. Do I feel sorry for him? No. Does anyone feel sorry when someone's overly aggressive dog is put down? A little.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Good for the Bastard , I hope he rots in hell !
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Things I saw..... !  Discrediting Barghouti is extremely important for the Sharon government. As a hard-line member of the Palestinian Authority, Barghouti is a potential challenger to Arafat and could take over the West Bank if Arafat should fall. Barghouti advocates a much more militant approach than did Arafat, saying the Palestinians should adopt the guerrilla tactics of Hezbollah, which drove Israeli troops out of south Lebanon last year. Even more dangerous for Israel is Barghouti's championing of a unity government with Hamas.

The last thing the Sharon government wants is for Arafat to be replaced by a militant leader from the Palestinian Authority who could provide diplomatic cover for Hamas. This would mean higher levels of violence from the Palestinians without the terrorist label that Hamas leadership would bring.

Makes you say.....Hmmmm!????

DaMan

The Sharon government will push the campaign against Barghouti and other hard-line Palestinians. The Israelis won't try to kill them but instead will seek to reduce their credibility by showing that they have little power against the Israeli military.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top