Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2010 7:26:57 AM EDT
If this is a dupe, let the dupe police trash it.

Video also on the link.... PPK jam-o-matic.is good for 1 round.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/24973101/detail.html

Posted: 6:24 pm PDT September 11, 2010Updated: 7:23 pm PDT September 11, 2010
FAIRFIELD, Calif. –– Two women were still recovering Saturday after a vicious dog attack the morning before that didn't end until neighbors shot the dogs.

Witnesses said that at about 6 a.m. Friday, three loose dogs pounced on 52-year-old Janelle Dalson, who was on a jog through her neighborhood. The woman’s screams woke one neighbor, who came outside to find her fending off the three dogs, which collectively weighed nearly 300 pounds.

“Course she was screaming and begging for help. You know, ‘please help me,’” said responding neighbor Gary Paquet, who choked up while describing what he witnessed. “They actually had her body up off the ground, and they were trying to rend her apart.”

Fortunately, Paquet came out of his house armed with his Walther PPK Handgun.

“Lead dog came up, and I shot him in the head. And he just dropped right there,” said Paquet.

But as the other two dogs continued their assault, Paquet's gun jammed. Just then, two other women came running up the street and the two dogs went after them. One of the women was pregnant.

“Those two dogs went right for them, and they took down the pregnant one and started chewing on her,” said Paquet.

Neighbor John Bettencourt also came outside armed with a handgun, and shot the two dogs before they could seriously hurt the pregnant woman.

“In speaking with the officers on the scene, they said that they truly felt that had the neighbors not interfered and come to their aid, that at least the first victim would not have survived,” said Fairfield Police Officer Kathryn Sommerdorf.

On Saturday afternoon, neighbors gave flowers to Paquet and Bettencourt for their actions.

“I was really glad both Gary and John had gun skills. Because if there was a place on this block where this could have happened, these are the two guys who could take care of it,” said Diana Paquet.

The lead dog, a bull mastiff has since been destroyed and the two others - which are pit bull - mastiff mixes - will likely soon follow. Police were investigating the attack Saturday and requested the Solano County district attorney's office file charges against the dog owners for allowing vicious animals to run free.

Dalson remained hospitalized Saturday, reportedly facing some paralysis because of the attack, which could end her career as a dental hygienist.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
From this we learn that shot placement is important.  Boom, headshot.  

Also, pit bull mixes are clearly the devil.    

Learn to clear malfunctions.

EDIT:  I had to put the black eye since clearly people were not picking up on the broad, breed generalization I was making.  I have pit mix that is a wonderful dog.  

As far as the malfunction goes, the PPK is a blowback and requires a good, stiff wrist to work correctly.  Perhaps that was the problem more than the design or Importer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#2]
A fine RKBA win, but a sad story just the same.

Good job to the fellas, and wishing a speedy recovery to the victims.

Hopefully they find the owners.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Good shoot.

Practice those malfunction drills fellas
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No he needs a better gun.

Those PPKs are POS depending on caliber.

Interarms never quite got them as good as their German counterparts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seems to me that bull mastiffs are the problem as that is the only thing that all three dogs have in common. Well, aside from what was probably and abusive owner who encouraged bad behavior.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to me that bull mastiffs are the problem as that is the only thing that all three dogs have in common. Well, aside from what was probably and abusive owner who encouraged bad behavior.

I'm one of those guys who has had nothing but good experiences with pit bulls, in fact they are nearly my favorite dog.  Still I can't help but notice that when they are in a "pack" with other pits they seem to get aggressive and do shit like this WAY more than other dogs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From this we learn that shot placement is important. Boom, headshot.

No, he probably just needs to change his recoil spring.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bull mastiffs I have met were babies, if you gave them dirty looks they would roll over.  Its all in the owner.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn, gonna sell my Walther PPK - unreliable !!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must have gotten a good one then because I've shot the shit out of my .380, even used it for LFI-1 and it never failed.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#11]
California?  Well I wonder when the two guys with guns will be arrested?
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#12]
There's three more people who won't think guns don't belong in their neighbors' hands.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]
In ca none the less. See, guns don't always kill the childern. Story said the dog almost did, but the two hand guns didn't. Shocking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top