Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 9:03:31 PM EDT
Obama called him today. WTF would those two need to talk to a losing R senate candidate for?

Thank god that primary went down like it did. Fuck RINOs and Fuck Obama

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/09/15/hmmm-what-did-mike-castle-talk-about-with-obama-and-biden-last-night/
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Conversations were along the lines of 'How do we get the people who voted for you to vote for Coons, when you couldn't beat O'Donnell?'

Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with another blogger who wondered if a party swith after he got elected would have been on the table.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
THey want him to run as a spoiler [I] and insure that the dem gets in with a vote split 3 ways.

It's Damage control for Reid calling Coons "My pet".

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I agree with another blogger who wondered if a party swith after he got elected would have been on the table.

It would have been the third time it has happened.  Jeffords, Specter, then Castle.

Don;t vote for RINOs

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The D strategy will be to try to split the vote in as many races as possible.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

THey want him to run as a spoiler [I] and insure that the dem gets in with a vote split 3 ways.

Isn't working for Snooki Crist

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The message was:

Run as an independent, torpedo O'Donnell, and we will hook you up with some good paying gig.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, message was to run as an (I)  I'm betting he does it too. There is some major bad blood there...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry Mike, no more reach-arounds!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
There would be no effective difference between Castle or the other guy.  This guy wasn't even a RINO.  He was a Democrat.  Even if the seat in Delaware is lost, which isn't a given in this bizarre year, it was worth it to send a message to the GOP leadership.  Look at it this way.

With the Republicans in control of the House, which is a pretty likely outcome, none of Obama's legislation or egregious budgets will get through.

That leaves confirmations and treaty ratifications for the Senate, but the Republicans are looking to cut down on the Democrat majority, and this will make it tough since they've barely been able to get anything accomplished even with a supermajority.  Also, the chance of the Republicans taking the Senate are so remote, even with Delaware, that it's not worth considering.  Everything would have to go right in every race.

By the way, I think it is likely the Democrats would have been able to bribe Castle into switching, or else he would have obtained important positions on committees from the Republicans to keep him nominally loyal.  We are better off with either Coons or O'Donnell than with Castle.

I'm also not writing off O'Donnell in this race, and plan to support her in every way I can.  This is very weird year and she has a better chance to win than many would believe.

As far as the nonsense about the GOP being able to advance an agenda goes, they don't have one to advance yet (we will see what they come up with after the midterms), and if they did, it won't matter much whether they control the Senate or have rough parity in the Senate.

All of this also has no impact on Obama's re-election.  That depends largely on what the economy is doing two years from now and who the Republicans run in 2012.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Castle entering the race would screw Coons over more than O'Donnell.  I would think the Democrats have to know that.  The call was more than likely an attempt to bribe him to stay out of the race.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck the establishment.  

Folks, we are seeing the true colors of our two party political system.  

I also find it funny that many of our "establishment fanboys" here encouraged Libertarian/constitutionalist action in the primaries.  You know who Im talking about...

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The message was:

Run as an independent, torpedo O'Donnell, and we will hook you up with some good paying gig.

This.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Obviously it is a trick to convince him to run as 3rd party, like Leberman did, and assure him he will win like Lieberman did.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There would be no effective difference between Castle or the other guy.  This guy wasn't even a RINO.  He was a Democrat.  Even if the seat in Delaware is lost, which isn't a given in this bizarre year, it was worth it to send a message to the GOP leadership.  Look at it this way.

With the Republicans in control of the House, which is a pretty likely outcome, none of Obama's legislation or egregious budgets will get through.

That leaves confirmations and treaty ratifications for the Senate, but the Republicans are looking to cut down on the Democrat majority, and this will make it tough since they've barely been able to get anything accomplished even with a supermajority.  Also, the chance of the Republicans taking the Senate are so remote, even with Delaware, that it's not worth considering.  Everything would have to go right in every race.

By the way, I think it is likely the Democrats would have been able to bribe Castle into switching, or else he would have obtained important positions on committees from the Republicans to keep him nominally loyal.  We are better off with either Coons or O'Donnell than with Castle.

I'm also not writing off O'Donnell in this race, and plan to support her in every way I can.  This is very weird year and she has a better chance to win than many would believe.

As far as the nonsense about the GOP being able to advance an agenda goes, they don't have one to advance yet (we will see what they come up with after the midterms), and if they did, it won't matter much whether they control the Senate or have rough parity in the Senate.

All of this also has no impact on Obama's re-election.  That depends largely on what the economy is doing two years from now and who the Republicans run in 2012.

very well said.  

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

i'd like to know what the members who were arguing for castle think of obama and biden calling this jerk off.  please chime up at any time.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Castle entering the race would screw Coons over more than O'Donnell. I would think the Democrats have to know that. The call was more than likely an attempt to bribe him to stay out of the race.

I think in this case you are correct.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Castle entering the race would screw Coons over more than O'Donnell. I would think the Democrats have to know that. The call was more than likely an attempt to bribe him to stay out of the race.

I think in this case you are correct.

Agreed. The republican base will still vote (R), the tea party vote will go (R), the people who are pissed off will vote (R) I think in this case an (I) will split the (D) vote more.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Indeed, but I'm wondering if that couldn't possibly backfire on them.  Seeing as he's just as bad as any liberal Democrat, maybe he will siphon votes away form the Dem and help O'Donnell instead.
ETA: Already addressed above.
-K

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed, but I'm wondering if that couldn't possibly backfire on them. Seeing as he's just as bad as any liberal Democrat, maybe he will siphon votes away form the Dem and help O'Donnell instead.

ETA: Already addressed above.
-K

They are doing it in more than just this race.  I doubt it will work well anywhere.  But what else do they have?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The message was:

My guess is that the "good paying gig" will be a position in the Obama Administration, followed by a press conference in which Obama will talk about how bi-partisan he is.

Steve

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top