Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 7:07:42 PM EDT
Ok, I have to find a crime that is a felony in one state and a misdemeanor in another state and provide the relevant statutes.

I have been looking through codes for a while now, but I have had no luck.  Right now I am comparing firearm related laws between VA and CA, but I have not found anything so far.

Any ideas???
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind found one!

They aren't exactly the same, but it's good enough for me.

CA.
Section 12001.6, or who is addicted
to the use of any narcotic drug, and who owns, purchases, receives,
or has in his or her possession or under his or her custody or
control any firearm is guilty of a felony.

VA.
Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun, who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Am I missing something? Those 2 examples are apples and oranges.

I think the possession of a firearm with a felony conviction is prohibited in all states.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
read the second half of the CA code.  Its not exacty the same, because it doesn't say anything about having a concealed license.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Animal cruelty. Some states have felony charges while others only have misdemeanors. MS has only misdemeanors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top