Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 6:31:29 PM EDT
Adrenaline junkies, share your most memorable thrills.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a forester and spend most of my time in the woods, I get an adrenaline rush every time I step on a wasp/hornets nest, happens 2-3 times a day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
halo
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
"Danger, close"
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
My first motocross race.  Sitting at the gate my hands were shaking so badly I didn't think I'd have control of the clutch.  At the end of the third turn I found myself in first place headed for the biggest jump on the track (one that I had never cleared before).  Rather than give up first place I twisted the throttle and went for it.

Even thinking about it now I can feel the adrenaline flowing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
In 7th grade some of my friends and I were wrapping a house and all of a sudden a cop car turned on his lights and let up his siren about 50 yards from us.  I immediately sprinted to an 8 foot fence 20 yards away, was over the fence in about a second, and sprinted for a quarter mile before I realized I had no idea where I was going. I have never moved that fast in all my life.

I walked by that same fence about a week later and just for the hell of it I tried to climb it. I couldn’t do it.

Adrenaline is an amazing thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost getting into a fight.

Getting into a fight.

Draw down on a unarmed guy stealing from me. (yes I know it was wrong, but I was not about the let the fucker steal 5,000$)

Parasailing.

Hunting.

The list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In 7th grade some of my friends and I were wrapping a house and all of a sudden a cop car turned on his lights and let up his siren about 50 yards from us.  I immediately sprinted to an 8 foot fence 20 yards away, was over the fence in about a second, and sprinted for a quarter mile before I realized I had no idea where I was going. I have never moved that fast in all my life.

I walked by that same fence about a week later and just for the hell of it I tried to climb it. I couldn’t do it.

Adrenaline is an amazing thing.

LOL, ah yes...

The good old days(highschool parties).
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
<––––––––––––this !
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The time that I ate the adrenal gland of a freshly killed stallion.  It was fucking wild.  I just about threw the corpse into the next county and then had 400 babies.  I thought my heart was going to explode.  Then I moved Canada about 1.5 meters <––––that way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Riding (2001 ZX6R)

Flying (anything, but helis beat all)

For me, that's about it, usually. I don't have the money to skydive, paraglide, hang glide, race the Kawi, or anything else like that. Though foolishly running an 88ci airtank dry at 30 feet got my a little worked up once.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
First time going Aussie down the tower.  A BMNT assault after two days without sleep, with large quantities of smoke and simulators.  One or two close calls driving.  Rushing my now-ex to the hospital with contractions.  The time a moron used a simulator at the wrong time, at night, and the student I was leading and I almost stepped on it.  Last man on the tower, hooked myself up for an Australian, started to lean out and heard the "click" that meant I had a fatal hookup, didn't help I had a female DS belaying who didn't understand that attempting to belay me was the WRONG move.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I've jumped off the top of this.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was a kid we used to jump off of this old train trestle into the Buffalo River from track level, it was probably about 40 feet.  About 1/2 way across it the upper part of the trestle started, the metal framework/support and all that.  Way at the top there was a level we called "Fuck the Police" because someone climbed up there and spray painted "Fuck the Police" up there in huge letters.  On a dare a friend and I climbed up there and jumped off.  Must have been 100 feet.  Our friends told us it looked like it took 5 seconds for us to hit the water.  

A few years later they tore it down.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Finding out first hand, that snake chaps do their job (thank god).

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I can have an adrenaline rush any time I want.  I can actually give myself a jolt.  It's kind of uncomfortable, though, so I only do it if I need to stay awake while driving or something.

I haven't really done any REAL adrenaline-inducing activities.  Sure, some give an adrenaline rush, but it's not like I've jumped out of a plane or fought for my life or anything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#16]
most recently... fishing and having a rattlesnake curl up next to me and get all comfy....

ever....probably some of the off-roading ive done. or some of the mischevious things ive done with water balloons....... and the subsequent chases that followed said mischevious acts.

some real close calls driving. hunting. a few other times i almost died...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I can have an adrenaline rush any time I want.  I can actually give myself a jolt.  It's kind of uncomfortable, though, so I only do it if I need to stay awake while driving or something.

I haven't really done any REAL adrenaline-inducing activities.  Sure, some give an adrenaline rush, but it's not like I've jumped out of a plane or fought for my life or anything.

That sounds like epilepsy

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
coming over a hill WOT in 3rd gear front wheel about 2" off the ground and see a state trooper sitting there in the grass between the lanes  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like epilepsy  

I'm pretty sure epilepsy is uncontrollable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top