Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2010 4:23:03 PM EDT
Barack Obama says we're not.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]

I say we aren't, also.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
We're not but we should be. They have been at war with us (non-Muslims) for almost 1400 years.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but it is at war with us.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

QFT

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I say we aren't, also.

Takes courage to say something so obviously correct on here.  ARFCOM is in a sad state when a statement as innocuous as "We are not at war with Islam" results in five+ pages of bile, invective, and BS about the president.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Most of us aren't.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say we aren't, also.

Takes courage to say something so obviously correct on here.  Sad state of ARFCOM that a statement as innocuous as "We are not at war with Islam" results in five+ pages of bile, invective, and BS.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say we aren't, also.

Takes courage to say something so obviously correct on here. ARFCOM is in a sad state when a statement as innocuous as "We are not at war with Islam" results in five+ pages of bile, invective, and BS about the president.

LOL. This is gonna go well.....

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we aren't, also.

Takes courage to say something so obviously correct on here.  Sad state of ARFCOM that a statement as innocuous as "We are not at war with Islam" results in five+ pages of bile, invective, and BS.

http://images.memegenerator.net/Nigga-youre-not-Obama/ImageMacro/2605723/youre-trolling.jpg

My intention with this poll is to show just how wildly silly a large percentage of ARFCOM has become in its insular, circular way.  There are 200 million Muslims in relatively peaceful, quiet Indonesia.  Are they all our enemies?  Should we convert them, then, instead of just killing them or hating them?

That's just one example.  To state overtly that we are at war with a religion is just the kind of fringe thinking that people should consider before jumping on bandwagon after bandwagon in our current ideological straits- where normal people are at a decided disadvantage since fervor, anger and bluster are the only things that seem to make the news or motivate citizens.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Our generation can fight Islam abroad, or the next generation can fight it at home.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Bush said the same. The POTUS pretty much needs to say that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Our generation can fight Islam abroad, or the next generation can fight it at home.

We've NEVER had to fight Islam at home, except for a handful lunatics with bombs and hijacked airplanes.

Man, the way some of you folks talk, I'm sure you'd be A-OK with putting the American-Japanese in Camps like we did during WW2.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is a good example of sloganeering gone wrong-  off the rails and straight into outer space.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
The PC answer is no reality is something different.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Naw, we're at war against drugs, poverty, obesity, illiteracy, and racism.  Once we have one of those wars won we'll see about putting someone else on the list.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#18]
No, we are at war with people that practice islam. You can't kill an idea but you can kill the hell out of the believers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]
define "WE" ?

USA, occident, christianism ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I say yes, it's  just some aren't willing to admit it yet.....yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#21]
We're not at war with Islam right now.

Right now, we're the little girl sitting at the front of the class, trying to ignore the bully sitting behind us who's yanking our pigtails every five minutes.

We know that eventually, we're gonna have to whip around and stab the bully with our pencil. We just haven't done it yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Indeed it is, and at all levels too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There are 200 million Muslims in relatively peaceful, quiet Indonesia.  

And if you go visit, you can see how they quietly and peacefully burn people's houses for converting to Christianity.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[My intention with this poll is to show just how wildly silly a large percentage of ARFCOM has become in its insular, circular way.  There are 200 million Muslims in relatively peaceful, quiet Indonesia.  Are they all our enemies?  Should we convert them, then, instead of just killing them or hating them?

That's just one example.  To state overtly that we are at war with a religion is just the kind of fringe thinking that people should consider before jumping on bandwagon after bandwagon in our current ideological straits- where normal people are at a decided disadvantage since fervor, anger and bluster are the only things that seem to make the news or motivate citizens.

Convert them? To what?

There is a serious problem with Islam. And a good argument can be made that the Islamic teachings make it incompatable with western civilization. The fact that many people who are Muslim are peacefull doesn't change this.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been paying attention, and I haven't noticed a lot of Jews, Christians, Hindus or Buddhists trying to kill us lately.

Did I miss something?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.  It's sensible, pragmatic and logical.  Do we NEED to viciously attack him for it and claim, by a majority, that we are in fact At War With Islam, even if it makes no sense?  We'd hammer a liberal website for indulging in this kind of wild idiocy, which they regularly do.  

We're the same... We're kooks!  But, our kind of kooks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm not, all I've seen is some extremists attacking.  I'm faar more worried about our country's out of control spending, entitlement mentality, pride in being uneducated and lazy, etc.   The down fall of my country isn't going to be a handfull of nutty terrorists, its going to be tomorrow's country that we're shaping today.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a good example of sloganeering gone wrong-  off the rails and straight into outer space.

History book. Buy one.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#30]
No, we aren't.  If we're ever at war with any religion or any idea, shoot me first.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against Islam and all religions, not because I'm against spirituality, but because of the deadening of spirituality that religions cause.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We go shopping, instead.

Hey- who's on American Idol tonight?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Absolutley we are.Just try to burn a koran!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say we aren't, also.

http://images.memegenerator.net/Nigga-youre-not-Obama/ImageMacro/2605723/youre-trolling.jpg

My intention with this poll is to show just how wildly silly a large percentage of ARFCOM has become in its insular, circular way.  There are 200 million Muslims in relatively peaceful, quiet Indonesia.  Are they all our enemies?  Should we convert them, then, instead of just killing them or hating them?

Peaceful,  quiet Indonesia?

Have you not heard about the hundreds of innocent civilians killed my Muslim extremist in Indonesia?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Just look up the Team B II report.  An interesting take on the whole thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Gorge W Bush said it to and they are both right.. It's the global war on terror not the global war on Islam
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We've NEVER had to fight Islam at home, except for a handful lunatics with bombs and hijacked airplanes.

Man, the way some of you folks talk, I'm sure you'd be A-OK with putting the American-Japanese in Camps like we did during WW2.

No Japanese-Americans were involved in sabotage. They couldn't have been, mainly because they were all...in...

[bush1]nope- not gonna say it. Wouldn't be prudent...[/bush1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#37]
NO, we are not at war with the entire religion, we are at war with a sect of radicals that murder innocent people
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Those that say no, do you not believe that the ROP teachs all non ROP must either convert, live as slaves, or be killed?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#39]
It's like the kid that goes to school every day, and the school bully punches him in the face and takes his lunch money.

The kid goes home, and his mother asks why he's so hungry and his shirt is ripped.  He tells her.  

His mother says, "Be a good boy.  Don't fight."

But this mother (and teachers) with her head up her ass does not understand reality.  It does not matter if he wants to fight or not.   One of these days he either has to hand over his money and take it like a bitch, or fight.  The kid has no choice.

It doesn't matter if we are at war with Islam.  What matters is that Islam is at war with us.

We have no choice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Absolutley we are.Just try to burn a koran!

Burn a Bible, get a promotion at work! Burn a Koran, get fired.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've been paying attention, and I haven't noticed a lot of Jews, Christians, Hindus or Buddhists trying to kill us lately.

Did I miss something?

Yes, as have many others in this thread.  You missed the idea stated early on that a premise should be backed up with coherent reasoning.  Radical Islamists have been trying to kill us, but there is a poll response that covers that very well.  Re-read the OP and see if you don't understand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.  It's sensible, pragmatic and logical.  Do we NEED to viciously attack him for it and claim, by a majority, that we are in fact At War With Islam, even if it makes no sense?  We'd hammer a liberal website for indulging in this kind of wild idiocy, which they regularly do.  

We're the same... We're kooks!  But, our kind of kooks.

For the POTUS it is a pragmatic thing to say that we are not at war.

Reality is more complex.

I don't think "we are at war with Islam" is correct strictly speaking, but we are not at peace with Islam either.

We need to understand the mindset of our enemy. Their core teachings are highly problamatic (to say the least), and supposed moderates like the Ground 0 Imam show support for the likes of Hamas.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we aren't, also.

Have you not heard about the hundreds of innocent civilians killed my Muslim extremist in Indonesia?

Indeed.  A handful of radicals are trying to shift the balance of that population away from the west and into extremism.  I believe the poll responses covered that detail.  Did you read the OP?  Do you think we'll get farther saving the 200 million peaceful citizens by declaring war on All of Islam!!! or by trying to stay engaged and aid their government in rooting out evil radicals?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#44]
IBTL.

Clearly a Islam troll thread.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I miss something?

Yes, as have many others in this thread.  You missed the idea stated early on that a premise should be backed up with coherent reasoning.  Radical Islamists have been trying to kill us, but there is a poll response that covers that very well.  Re-read the OP and see if you don't understand.

And we have a "moderate" Imam who is fanning the flames with plans for a Ground 0 mosque (and he supports sharia law in the west, the Iranian Revolution, can't call Hamas terrorist, and thinks the road to ME peace is an Arab controlled Israel), Muslims close the streets in paris, cheer 9/11 in the streets, etc.

The problem is not simply limited to a small group of radicals.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I miss something?

I understand perfectly, but frankly, I don't think you have a fucking clue.

There are no "Islamists".  There are true followers of Islam, and pretenders.  And, the pretenders are not out to kill us.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Did I miss something?

come on man, dont use logic in this unsuccessful troll thread.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say we aren't, also.

Indeed.  A handful of radicals are trying to shift the balance of that population away from the west and into extremism.  I believe the poll responses covered that detail.  Did you read the OP?  Do you think we'll get farther saving the 200 million peaceful citizens by declaring war on All of Islam!!! or by trying to stay engaged and aid their government in rooting out evil radicals?

I read the OP.  I'm not sure how we can declare war on a religion or a tactic, but I do believe that unless the moderate Muslims stand up to the extremist we will be at war with more states that harbor and foster those extremists.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Islam is at war with the west and has been forever because the Koran brands all non-believers as infidels who must convert or be destroyed as stated by the prophet. Since I see no such thing as a "moderate Muslim" uprising to publicly and loudly condemn terrorism (because they are in fear of losing their head to more radical followers), then I have to draw the conclusion that we are at war with Muslims and ipso facto the best defense is an overwhelming devastating "fist of an angry god" offensive until someone surrenders and vows to live in peace. ** Harry Truman and General Curtis Lemay would have nuked the Taliban and the Waziristan border area refuges like Hiroshima and Nagasaki and never lost a moment of sleep. Now we're so politically correct that we'll set unrealistic and dangerous rules of engagement and squander precious American lives in the interest of "compassion" and "fairness" and "rights" until they finally come to slaughter us all.

The west does not want a war but it is being forced to defend itself in order to survive. Placating and appeasing Muslim's sensibilities is a dead end street as long as the Koran is their road map. The bible does not ask it's followers to destroy non-believers.

** See Japan, Germany,
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No Japanese-Americans were involved in sabotage. They couldn't have been, mainly because they were all...in...

[bush1]nope- not gonna say it. Wouldn't be prudent...[/bush1]

concentration camps.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top