Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 5:27:41 AM EDT
As per this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1090922  
What do you guys recommend using for business email?   I'm starting out with my own auto shop and just work by myself for now.  I would like to make myself a website but I know nothing about how to or even how to go about it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Domain name and webhosting which has SSL email, and choose a long password.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I used my blackberry email. I always have my blackberry on me, so I get emails right away. But if you go this route, be sure to have forwards set up, so that any messages sent to your phone get sent to a normal email address(which I have sent to my personal account) other wise if you loose your phone, you loose all your business emails. I did this before. It sucked.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Get email though your web host.  

or check out rackspace.com, they have some good offerings.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Get email though your web host.  

or check out rackspace.com, they have some good offerings.

yeah get a domain any of the "free" services just seem unprofessional

Powwweb is cheap i use if for my personal site (resume crap like that)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#6]
You can pay to use gmail with your own domain. I think it is like $50 a year per user.
http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html

You can pay to have hosted exchange with your own domain, i think those are around $15-30 per month per user. Someone here who has used it can let you know a good/bad company to use.

Or you can just get a MadMattsAuto (at) gmail.com address and call it good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top