Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 4:17:46 AM EDT
I swear we need some hometown forums for over-seas spots...

I'm in Guam till about the 27th if anyone in here and wants to get together for a couple beers or such PM me!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I swear we need some hometown forums for over-seas spots...

I'm in Guam till about the 27th if anyone in here and wants to get together for a couple beers or such PM me!

Hmmmm...You're in Guam, until the 27th...You're avatar shows a Japanese flag...

I'm guessing a CAG 5 squadron?  Probably doing SFARP...?

I was a Dambuster from 1996-2000...Don't leave there without snorkeling at Gab-Gab beach on Big Navy, or trying the chicken or beef teriyaki sticks at the bowling alley in Anderson AFB!

I keep trying to find a job there...Guam was amazing.  Enjoy your time there! (when you're not working your 12 hour shifts!)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#2]
you're speakin jibberish to me my Sea-going friend

USAF, out of Okinawa here to send my base's shit home after an exercise... 14 days here and only 3-4 days of real work... Damn I love my Job!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the brown tree snake problem there as bad as I understand it to be?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not sure Kap,  been here less than a day so we shall find out, the mosquitoes sure as hell are though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure Kap,  been here less than a day so we shall find out, the mosquitoes sure as hell are though.

As I understand it, there is a huge over-infestation of the brown tree snakes (invasive species). No natural predators and an abundance of prey.

I hear it's quite common to open a cupboard and find one of the fuckers inside, and that losing power due to them getting fried on power lines is a fairly common occurance.

Let me know your findings when you're through enjoying your time there

In any case, thanks for your service and godspeed!

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
as long as they are non-poisonous I'm set!

thanks too, Kap_X
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I spent the first 2 years of my time in the Air Force on Guam...LOVED it there.

Brown Tree Snakes are a problem & they are poisonous but they're rear-fanged requiring some chewing action before the venom works its way in so no worries. I was bit by one during the Super Typhoon Paka clean-up...had leather gloves on fortunately. The venom is reportedly weak, could kill an infant but not an adult from what I was told.

I was there from 97 - 99, not sure what it's like now but back then the strip clubs on Tumon Bay were like no other.. Club USA & Vikings FTW! :D

The diving & snorkeling is solid, Gab-Gab 1 & 2 down at Big Navy are great, the Spanish Steps was a real cool snorkeling site as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top