Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 8:48:18 PM EDT
pretty cool show on History Channel right now.Anyone else watching it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
awww fuck! I forgot that was on. Shit, looks like i'll have to download the episode.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It misses the mark with me but I don't know why. I guess I was expecting something else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
on
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was dragged out quite a bit, but I enjoyed it.  One little snigget bugged me...when they were showing how "5.56 is more than enough" and they show a guy with .308 in his hand.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been watching. Never heard of that shootout in AK where the cop took out a dude from a helicopter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]

did anyone see the guy shooting out of the helicopter reenactment and the slow motion camera shot of the round being ejected?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
My partner at work here is going how do you know it is a M16A2, the re-enactor should have had a M16A1.

Good show!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've been watching. Never heard of that shootout in AK where the cop took out a dude from a helicopter.

Mas Ayoob did a podcast interview on this.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mas Ayoob did a podcast interview on this.    

Relevant to interests. Gotta link?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

did anyone see the guy shooting out of the helicopter reenactment and the slow motion camera shot of the round being ejected?

You mean the ejected blank?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Staying up way to late watching it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Damit and I just took my Ambien guess I'll watch what I can .
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Watching it on DVR
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a Active Shooter Class from that Sgt Major Skiles a couple of years ago.  I think it was through HSS (Hike, Stalk, Shoot).  Pretty impressive guy.
John
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Damit and I just took my Ambien guess I'll watch what I can .

IBISMMAMAWFD
(In before I shot my mirror and made a wicked fucking dinner)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the ejected blank?  

You mean the slow motion animation of the round exiting the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:10:17 AM EDT
[#17]
The thing that burns me about these re-enactment shows is how the snipers stick their barrels out of windows or make other mistakes that are even obvious to non-technical folks.  The other thing that rubs me wrong is when the snipers look through their scopes, the view we see on TV has way too much magnification, and makes the shots look easier than they are.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I watched it, not to bad.  I particularly liked the story of the wrecked helo in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I thought it was dragged out quite a bit, but I enjoyed it.  One little snigget bugged me...when they were showing how "5.56 is more than enough" and they show a guy with .308 in his hand.

Caught that

Quoted:

The thing that burns me about these re-enactment shows is how the
snipers stick their barrels out of windows or make other mistakes that
are even obvious to non-technical folks. The other thing that rubs me
wrong is when the snipers look through their scopes, the view we see on
TV has way too much magnification, and makes the shots look easier than
they are.

The Syrian sniper was sitting back concealed in a room in a few shots.

I also loved how every scope had the same mil-dot reticle.

The one real pic from through Hathcock's scope puts things in perspective a bit better, where the target looks like a little twig or something...

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:49:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I caught the tale end of the Hathcock segment but watched the entire state-troopers-firing-from-the-helocopter segment. Yes, the trooper that killed Silka (sp?) was a great shot but, damn, that Silka dude was a pretty bad motor scooter as well. He picked off a guy in a moving helocopter. Like the trooper in the segment said, if they hadn't had killed Silka right then and there many more probably have gotten shot.

eta: that should be "tail end" not "tale end". I need my coffee.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:57:11 AM EDT
[#21]
What was the name of the Vietnam sniper doing the shooting off of the skips of the downed Huey?  Ed ?????
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#22]
The one real pic from through Hathcock's scope puts things in perspective a bit better, where the target looks like a little twig or something...

I'm guessing many of these guys were using a fixed 10x scope, so the scenes where the bad guy fills the entire scope doesn't do them justice.  At 700+ meters, there's little center of mass to shoot at.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I saw it, and they were pretty good about barrels not sticking out windows etc until the segment w/ the Barrett, other errors I noticed was the same reticle over and over and holding a .308 round while saying a 5.56 was enough for Urban Sniping. I thought it was a decent show though and will watch again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top