Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 4:07:22 PM EDT
I have only had to manage women at work, and it has seemed to be pretty easy.  Seem to want to get the job done and do it well, but not too ambitious.  I had one have a panic attack in an elevator one time when it got stuck for a bit, she was already on anxiety meds.

Just wondering.  They do seem to talk a lot and bring personal problems to you.  Nothing I can't handle, but sometimes I would like to make the conversations shorter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
In my 12 years of experience men are much easier to manage.

A lot of women are too sensitive and really enjoy creating drama.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
In before Jane fucks your shit up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Mature people.

Drama queens may be found in both sexes, all ethnic groups, all religions, all nationalities, all sexual orientation, all ages, all levels of education or training.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
In my experience, FOREIGN women are easiest to manage. But between Americans, almost always men.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Men!  I have nothing against women who work but good GOD can they bring a lot of drama to work.  When its a bunch of guys we find ourselves burping, farting and looking to see if its time for liquid lunch.  Plus the jokes are dirty and you get to hear about carzy shit each other did over the weekend.  
With women I had, they were all nice but too much drama and too many issues.  Fights with boyfriends, no babaysitter so I cant come in, blah, blah, blah......  One thing that did bother me was there were a few jobs I had to assign to one of the guys because the girls were not big enough or strong enough to do it.  I thought that was unfair but it was reality.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Women are easier to 'manage' but men are easier to get work out of, if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In my 12 years of experience men are much easier to manage.

A lot of women are too sensitive and really enjoy creating drama.

First post FTW!!!!

I've been working in hospitals for over 20 years and have worked with a LOT of women. Generally speaking, men are *MUCH* easier to work with!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mature people.

Drama queens may be found in both sexes, all ethnic groups, all religions, all nationalities, all sexual orientation, all ages, all levels of education or training.

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Dykes, there the best.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I find women a lot easier to manage when I am managing them but difficult to work with when I am not.
In my experience, I've found that men are much more likely to resist direction on principle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mature people.

I agree.

It sure seems women have a higher percentage.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In before Jane fucks your shit up.

Thanks, guy, just like I couldn't get into enough trouble on my own, now I've got an agent.

Jane

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dykes, there the best.

They check out chicks too!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
When I have worked in groups of men, there is a lot more cameraderie, and I have enjoyed the typical guy talk.  A woman in the group utterly kills it, even if she acts like one of the guys.

I do think women tend to listen more and do as you ask, not trying to be the dominate one.  I have in the past gotten sick of the no babysitter, kid is sick, kid has a doctor appointment, etc., especially when you need them there on a project.  Overall, though, other than some drama, and a lot of extra talking to make a point, having women work for me has been pretty good, and most have been good workers and do as directed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Mature people.

THIS!  It blows my mind on a daily basis how immature people can act at work. BOTH men and women.  I was at a job fair today with 750 people in attendance, all of whom were DYING to find work.  I returned to my office to find our shop guys goofing around, and I about lost it. I had 83 applications in my hand - sure they weren't all winners, but they all would appreciate having a job right now, and I sure as hell doubt they'd be goofing around!  So frustrating!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I have managed to fuck almost every female I have worked closely with
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top