BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 3:00:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hot topic in the BOTS forum too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Was that Denzel Washington working the camera?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey dumbass, put your hand behind your back and you will not get your head beat in with the ASP.

Seems pretty simple to me.  I say if he is stupid enough to resist after the first whack, keep whacking till he figures it out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes me wonder..... wouldn't a baton to the head be considered deadly force? Wonder if someone could have shot that cop and get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I like how loud-mouth camera guy is generous with verbal warnings.

"I know all about brandishing a firearm!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
it IS a pretty shitty part of the city

gonna sit back and watch this one
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Perp allegedly knocked the officer to the ground causing officer to reply with force (not on video).
Perp also clearly resists arrest even when more than one officer is present.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Makes me wonder..... wouldn't a baton to the head be considered deadly force? Wonder if someone could have shot that cop and get away with it.

from the other thread it sounds like the suspect had a gun or grabbed an officers gun, if this is true a baton to a head or whatever you go to do is justified.

Those cops need some training on how to take care of business though...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Had to come here last year for work, can't wait to get out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The suspect repeatedly says he didnt do anything wrong while he does wrong.....
If you are resisting arrest then you get the stick. Good use of force.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Eh, this is where a nice sticky pepper spray really comes into its own.

Don't just hammer on the guy. Light him up with mace face, wait a couple minutes for oxygen starvation to set in and then cuff him up.

That plus the Philly PoPo could obviously use some remedial training in joint locks and pressure points.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yup, the way he's using the baton is considered deadly force. I don't think you'll ever get away with shooting a cop, no matter the circumstance.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]
When fat black cop pulled his gun and started waving it around, I would have been totally fine if somebody shot him between the eyes...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When fat black cop pulled his gun and started waving it around, I would have been totally fine if somebody shot him between the eyes...

FBC (fat black cop) is the same one with the poor baton skills.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Jim

Don't you have to follow a course of escalation of force? Can you just jump right into deadly force for resisting arrest?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes sir, you guys are right, just succumb and everything will be alright.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While the head shots were unnecessary, I'm not too upset with what I saw, not to mention we don't see what led up to this event.

HOWEVER, FBC endangered bystander's and fellow officer's lives when he went King Kong with a Glock in his hand...

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#18]
philadelphia in most areas is no better than somalia

these communities hate police officers and those police are grossly outnumbered. they are especially violent towards black police officers who are violating some unwritten code of honor among all blacks by arresting filthy scumbags who happen to be of the same race.

notice how the video didn't start until after they were trying to subdue this guy?

when criminals shoot cops in broad daylight, families harbor their fugitive relatives, murderers sit on house arrest playing xbox, and communities turn against the police, and when the mayor and his cronies turn a blind eye to the real crime and instead focus efforts on preventing graffiti in center city and displacing the "bad" elements out of the new hot area for yuppie suburbanites, this is what happens.

i have several good friends and family who are law enforcement in philadelphia, so i have no pity at all for some fucking scumbag who prior to this guy clicking record was most likely threatening the police while the entire neighborhood encircled their patrol cars. what's worse is the guy savvy enough to operate a video camera and put it on the internet most likely did so while eating food bought on food stamps and in the comfort of his tax payer funded housing.

the entire city of philadelphia is fucking up the state of pennsylvania for everyone and these people need to be dealt with.

is beating someone with a baton and pulling your gun excessive? maybe when all you're seeing is a camera phone video of half the incident.

i can almost guarantee that this fuck up is probably out on good behavior and has a criminal record five times the length of my resume. i can also almost guarantee that the community was threatening these police officers. when there are forty people surrounding you, half of which with their hoods up and hats low over their faces, reaching under their shirts for guns they may or may not have, the baton and pulling the gun is justified.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While the head shots were unnecessary, I'm not too upset with what I saw, not to mention we don't see what led up to this event.

HOWEVER, FBC endangered bystander's and fellow officer's lives when he went King Kong with a Glock in his hand...

I'd like to know what happened before the video camera started rolling before I make a judgment on this one.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's pretty much everything ASP teaches you NOT to do.

buk
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I live and work in philly. It's a horrible place. The mayor is a joke and the cops are either too old to do much good, or too crooked.

I don't even go out to my car without a pistol and spare mag. Most of the people I know have a mugging or car/home robbery story.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I live and work in philly. It's a horrible place. The mayor is a joke and the cops are either too old to do much good, or too crooked.

I don't even go out to my car without a pistol and spare mag. Most of the people I know have a mugging or car/home robbery story.

wouldn't say all....but more than none and less than half.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wonder elsewhere... I can't use the eye roll face on my cell phone :(

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Jim

Don't you have to follow a course of escalation of force? Can you just jump right into deadly force for resisting arrest?

Depending on the circumstances, NO.

Police departments (at least in CA) have gotten away from the "escalation of force" (think of a ladder or steps) doctrine and now teach the "Use of Force Continuum" (think a circle of options) which allows officers to use the amount of force necessary at that moment to conduct a lawful arrest.

John

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
And, as to be expected, the chick cops flutter about the confrontation waving their arms uselessly and offering no assistance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#26]

training? I think they need it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Lot of cops present. Should have been able to cuff the guy. Might need some training on how to work together to get the job done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Hellbound hits it right on the head.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

these communities hate police officers and those police are grossly outnumbered. they are especially violent towards black police officers who are violating some unwritten code of honor among all blacks by arresting filthy scumbags who happen to be of the same race.

notice how the video didn't start until after they were trying to subdue this guy?

when criminals shoot cops in broad daylight, families harbor their fugitive relatives, murderers sit on house arrest playing xbox, and communities turn against the police, and when the mayor and his cronies turn a blind eye to the real crime and instead focus efforts on preventing graffiti in center city and displacing the "bad" elements out of the new hot area for yuppie suburbanites, this is what happens.

i have several good friends and family who are law enforcement in philadelphia, so i have no pity at all for some fucking scumbag who prior to this guy clicking record was most likely threatening the police while the entire neighborhood encircled their patrol cars. what's worse is the guy savvy enough to operate a video camera and put it on the internet most likely did so while eating food bought on food stamps and in the comfort of his tax payer funded housing.

the entire city of philadelphia is fucking up the state of pennsylvania for everyone and these people need to be dealt with.

is beating someone with a baton and pulling your gun excessive? maybe when all you're seeing is a camera phone video of half the incident.

i can almost guarantee that this fuck up is probably out on good behavior and has a criminal record five times the length of my resume. i can also almost guarantee that the community was threatening these police officers. when there are forty people surrounding you, half of which with their hoods up and hats low over their faces, reaching under their shirts for guns they may or may not have, the baton and pulling the gun is justified.

Well put
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#30]
"That plus the Philly PoPo could obviously use some remedial training."

Fixed

I know a Philly cop from some of the shoots. Nice guy but boy does he reallly want out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nutter is doing way better than that POS Street.
Also, don't let a few crooked cops run the PD's name through the mud. With a force as big as Philly you are bound to have a few bad apples.
Don't forget the armed forces also has that 5% of shitbirds that snuck through the cracks.
You don't stereotype them ALL do you?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well put

x100

I don't go to philly without carrying.... I don't care what's going on

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thank-you for giving probably the most accurate summary and explanation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I see no problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm pretty sure he said the guy bit him before going Paul Bunyon.

Smacks to the head would be deadly force, and excessive force.

Smacks to the rear shoulder area may not be excessive force.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Those officers need to spend a little more time at the gym.

Every single one looked like a freakin' hippo.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And, as to be expected, the chick cops flutter about the confrontation waving their arms uselessly and offering no assistance.

Ain't affirmative action great???

WTF was with the cop pulling out his gun?Sheesh.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#38]

One in Dallas that is so bad they will not release the video out of fear of a race riot like LA.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Suspect-at-center-of-DPD-beating-scandal-talks-to-News-8-102913509.html

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#39]
1st Post = Looks Legit to me. scum bags think they can do whatever they want.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm gonna say he deserved to get arrested. Sorry, I can't say that was justified the way they did it, talk about needing some training.

Look like a bunch of fucking morons in that video.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#42]
OC might have been a better choice.  I'm willing to bet that if the officer would have used a 100% strike instead of the multiple weaker strikes it would have been over a lot quicker and wouldn't have looked like a beat down.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Is this video the cops version of the gay fight video posted earlier today in GD?

Roy
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snort>

looks like bad training that lead to excessive, or at least unneeded force.

it usually does...
John

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top