Posted: 9/14/2010 2:25:52 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new camera. Needs to be relatively simple, take decent
pictures close and far.
Take AA batterys and SD card
Between $100 and $200

Any suggestions...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My Nikon Coolpix has been a decent camera.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
When it comes to slr's I'm invested in nikon but if I had to advise anyone to get a p&s it would be canon without question.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest the Canon SD series but the AA battery thing is meh.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Canon SD1300 IS seems like a good little camera for the money,around $170.00.It got pretty good write up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Forget about your AA requirement and get a Canon SD plus a spare battery. I have no problems taking hundreds of photos a day while on vacation, top up the battery at night and carry the fully charged spare with you just in case.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm on my fourth point and shoot. I've tried Olympus, Nikon, and Kodak. The current one is a Canon Powershot SD1100 IS and it's a great little camera. It takes excellent pictures and the videos are very good also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I love Canon cameras as well. I have a P&S, and a digital SLR.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm on my fourth point and shoot. I've tried Olympus, Nikon, and Kodak. The current one is a Canon Powershot SD1100 IS and it's a great little camera. It takes excellent pictures and the videos are very good also.

The new ones are 720p video.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Just wait until the cannon camera lens locks up on you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E18_error  happened to me not to long ago.

Quoted:

Just bought what I think the best one is Panasonic ZS-7

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just wait until the cannon camera lens locks up on you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E18_error  happened to me not to long ago.
Quoted:

Just bought what I think the best one is Panasonic ZS-7

Nice camera ,but more $ than the OP wants to spend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Forget about your AA requirement and get a Canon SD plus a spare battery. I have no problems taking hundreds of photos a day while on vacation, top up the battery at night and carry the fully charged spare with you just in case.

I just figured the AA could be found anywhere. So they have rechargeable cameras now, eh...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been playing with a Sony sub-compact lately, but it has it's drawbacks, mainly Sony's proprietary everything.

For normal sized cameras that take AAs and SD cards, Nikon's Coolpix line and the Canon IS cameras are my choice.

I kinda prefer the Nikons in ease of use and build, as well as size...

but I do think the Canons beat it in image quality, as well as more robust in user settings.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Canon SD works good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Canon Powershot SD1100 IS

Fits your reqs and also has a view finder for bright sunny days.  It's about perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top