Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 11:52:59 AM EDT
One from a department I interviewed with the second week of July. The other one I applied to back in mid-August.

I should frame them, and mark this day in my 'record book'.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Just don't let it get you down. Sounds like you at least have a good attitude about it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't let that get you down for long. Process it, and move on. Keep your chin up and persevere.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll drink two for your two letters. Hear hear!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
keep at it!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
there's a song just for these such occaisions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
there's a song just for these such occaisions.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I have gotten two in one day before, but I have definitely gotten my fair share of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
At least you got letters.  It's becoming increasingly common for companies not to send anything.  No email, nothing.  

My other favorite is getting flush letters from jobs I forgotten I had applied for.  Uncle Sam is good at this.  I've had them show up six months after the app went in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
At least you got letters.  It's becoming increasingly common for companies not to send anything.  No email, nothing.  

My other favorite is getting flush letters from jobs I forgotten I had applied for.  Uncle Sam is good at this.  I've had them show up six months after the app went in.

1 job can get literally hundreds of applicants i've seen 1k+ for a dock supervisor position

unless they have a good ATS that will auto send FU letters its not really a productive use of time to email everyone... sorry
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Endeavor to persevere.––IS  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't get letters from everyone. I have had 3 other interviews I never heard back from. Only through people I know / government minutes did I find out that they didn't hire or they hired someone else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't let that get you down for long. Process it, and move on. Keep your chin up and persevere.

This.

Got two FU phone calls on Friday, and two more today.

Just part of the process.  And at least they told you, rather than letting you whither.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get letters from everyone. I have had 3 other interviews I never heard back from. Only through people I know / government minutes did I find out that they didn't hire or they hired someone else.
At least you are getting interviews.  I graduated this summer and have been applying like crazy and have not even heard from a single place that I have applied to.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

At least you are getting interviews.  I graduated this summer and have been applying like crazy and have not even heard from a single place that I have applied to.  

What career field?

I am ahead of 99% of everyone else who wants to go down my path. With my cert, plus a 4 year degree.

My competition is getting stiffer however with all the layoffs in this state. A lot of guys with experience looking for the same jobs as I am.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Got two FU phone calls on Friday, and two more today.

Just part of the process.  And at least they told you, rather than letting you whither.

Wow, FU phones calls.  Those are really rare.  In my experience good news came over the phone.  Bad news was always in the mail.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What career field?

I am ahead of 99% of everyone else who wants to go down my path. With my cert, plus a 4 year degree.

My competition is getting stiffer however with all the layoffs in this state. A lot of guys with experience looking for the same jobs as I am.

Aviation, which may be the problem.  The industry sucks right now.  I have a degree in Aviation Management and have worked at two different FBO's for a total of 6ish years so I have experience.  I am applying for anything and everything aviation related whether I want to do it or not.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

These are the best. I love when they call after you have moved for another job in a different state to tell you no thanks. When you tell them you moved and they ask why? Let me see, maybe because you never called me back and I need money to live.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#18]
it will happen....................................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top