Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 9:59:16 AM EDT
Let me get link..
ETA:

PENSACOLA, Fla. – A federal judge says he likely will let go to trial
portions of a lawsuit by Florida and 19 other states challenging the
president's health care overhaul as unconstitutional.

But U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson said at a Tuesday hearing in Pensacola that he expects to dismiss other parts.

Vinson didn't specify which parts of the lawsuit likely will go to trial but said he will issue a ruling by Oct. 14.

The states and the administration disagree over
sections of the law that will require people to have health insurance or
face tax penalties. They also disagree over whether states should pay
additional Medicaid costs not covered by the federal government.

The lawsuit is likely to wind up before the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/ap_on_re_us/us_health_overhaul_lawsuit_5

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So it begins.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So it begins.

Let it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to here what parts he dismissed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay healthy Roberts, Scalia, Alito, Thomas, and Kennedy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats the damn truth.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]
If this baby gets repealed- Barry's shining accomplishment- then his election may almost have been worth it, given the fact that McCain was the alternative. Obama helped bring about a real resurgence in conservatism. He showed people the true face of unchecked liberalism.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]
good!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the damn truth.

Amen.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
If this goes in our favor, does this set a precedent for overturning Medicare and SS?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If this goes in our favor, does this set a precedent for overturning Medicare and SS?
I hope so...those issues alone I can picture the SCOTUS forgetting the constitution on this one.

I will pray that is not the case.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If this baby gets repealed- Barry's shining accomplishment- then his election may almost have been worth it, given the fact that McCain was the alternative. Obama helped bring about a real resurgence in conservatism. He showed people the true face of unchecked liberalism.

Well put, sir!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm also interested to know what parts won't be allowed to proceed.  I hope both the requirement to purchase a product as well as the unfunded mandate that states pick up the medicare bill proceed to trial.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When I suggested that right after his election, that the country almost needs to see how bad it can go, people around here called me nuts for suggesting that McCain might have been a slower death and ultimately a worse illness.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I suggested that right after his election, that the country almost needs to see how bad it can go, people around here called me nuts for suggesting that McCain might have been a slower death and ultimately a worse illness.

Any addict needs to hit bottom before they can begin recovery.

David
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No. Both are flat out unconstitutional, but the court will not touch them. They can go after Obamacare because no one is receiving benifits.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Once in the court system it'll take years to finally settle out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are hardly the only one who thought or said that.

In my case, I voted for mcCain, for the good of my country, but felt he might destroy what remained of the conservative movement. 2008 was either win-lose or lose-win.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So it begins.

Way,way overdue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top