Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 9:19:55 AM EDT
I just ordered my first last night. Just curious as to what kind of quality to expect from it.
I went kinda cheap on my first one. I got it at a special price for Shop NBC. Here is the watch.

I ordered the blue one.

invicta

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one that I really like. Been wearing it for about a year now.

That said, I'm not a watch afficionado like some of the guys you'll find on here. I just can't justify paying more than $180 on a watch. I don't do anything that makes me wish I had a $1500+ watch to wear for the event.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've got one that I really like. Been wearing it for about a year now.

That said, I'm not a watch afficionado like some of the guys you'll find on here. I just can't justify paying more than $180 on a watch. I don't do anything that makes me wish I had a $1500+ watch to wear for the event.  

I don't think I would ever spend over $500.00 on a watch, but if I spent that much it would have to be one hell of a watch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a watch guy.

I say, if you like the watch (even if it's quartz) WEAR IT!
I'm sure the Invicta you ordered will be fine as far as quality goes.

Watch snobs get more hung up on the movement, fit and finish of Automatic watches

Quartz is for you commoners, lol
Speed

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Watches are like everything else - you get what you pay for.  Some guys are "watch guys" - and some aren't.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Invicta auto Pro Diver.  It is my first "nice" watch.  It was only $60, and I thought it was very nice looking.  I am very happy with it so far.  However, I think it is addictive.  My next watch will be a Luminox, and if I ever hit the lottery I will buy a Panerai!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Have one as a suit watch, works great and looks great. Great watch for the money, wear it and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a watch guy.

I say, if you like the watch (even if it's quartz) WEAR IT!

I'm sure the Invicta you ordered will be fine as far as quality goes.
Watch snobs get more hung up on the movement, fit and finish of Automatic watches

Quartz is for you commoners, lol

Speed  

Yeah, but it's Swiss Quartz, with flame-fusion crystal, dammit!  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope, I quit wearing watches with metal bands, got tired of having to either shave my wrist or worry about the watch always pinching my hairs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nope, I quit wearing watches with metal bands, got tired of having to either shave my wrist or worry about the watch always pinching my hairs.

I have a Seiko Automatic w/ a metal band that does that, but not all metal bands will pinch your armhair
Speed

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have pretty hairy wrists and I've never had that problem, never got why people say they do.

Anyways, and Invicta is perfectly fine, even if it does try to imitate the stylings of Rolex.    My first choice would be a Seiko in that price range.

I did wear a Seiko for years before I brought my $1300 Oris.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I loved my Invicta Pro Diver Automatic.  Keep an eye on the bracelet, though.  Mine broke and the watch fell to the floor and smashed the crystal.  I was a little disappointed in that.  I'm wearing a Seiko Diver Automatic right now.  I actually liked the Invicta better.  Felt more comfortable on the wrist and kept better time.  The Seiko gains about 30 seconds/day.

GH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top